21/Out

Hayden's pov'

Hayden's pov'

Closing the door behind me I slide my hands in the pocket of my hoodie and immediately look up when I hear a high pitch 'hey' from the next door neighbor and right as I look I know that it's the girl that sent the gift a couple of weeks ago.

She's still not giving up even after I said I'm taken isn't she?

Fuck sake.

"Hey," I say dryly and look away but notice she starts coming over.

"Hey I'm so glad I got to see you, I've been trying to talk to you for a while and I just couldn't get a chance since you're either not here or busy I guess." She says as she charges up the little cement stairs of our front porch.

"I think it's best if you stay down there, I have a deadly disease." I try to make her turn and leave but she just smiles as she approaches.

"Oh it's no big deal, I can surely take it," she extends her hand in between the both of us and I look at it for a minute and then quickly shaking it and letting go.

"I'm so happy I finally got the chance to talk to the cute next door neighbor." She says excitedly and then starts shivering, a way to make me let her in and I didn't know what els was better so I opened the door and let her in.
"Thank you," she sighs and steps in.

Looking around like it's her first time in here.
"You got a nice place." Her smile never leaving her face as she looks at the ceiling, what's so funny up there?

"Uh it's actually-" I start but Almira is already coming out the kitchen to see what the noise is.

"Hello?" She stops in her tracks confused as to why this strange girl is in our house and smiling like it's so fucking funny.

I'd be reacting the same.

"Uh hi?" The girl says as if she was not expecting Almira to come out of nowhere.
Her dirty blond hair straightened and styled, diamond earrings on and a nose ring quit like mine, white crew neck on, paired with black sweats and uggs.

She wasn't ugly but she wasn't her.
I wouldn't imagine myself with her even, feels wrong to stand next to her.

So I step back and watch Almira, hopping she'll do something.
She smiled sweetly and came closer.

"You're the next door neighbor right?" She asks nicely and the girl gives me side eyes as if she doesn't want to be talking to her and rather be talking to me instead.

"I am," she says shortly and narrows her eyes as if trying to figure something out.
"She's your sister right?" She offered turning to me.

I frown and look back at Almira, seeing if she's also feeling weirded out by her words.

"No?" I say clearly not comfortable with her saying that.

"Oh, I just assumed because you too look quite similar." She says gesturing with her hands to the both of us.