Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Now when Teddy told me there was a community of people living out there I was expecting ten, twenty people. I got well over a hundred. People of all ages walk around the neighborhood, going about their day just like before. The sound of footsteps other than mine is like music to my ears. Every scream, whisper, laugh fills my stomach with overwhelming happiness. Teddy’s warmth is like the cherry on top of it all.

“Come on, you can meet my friends!” Teddy pulls me over to a small group of people ranging from the age of maybe fifteen to twenty. When we reach them Teddy lets go of my hand and runs into the arms of a much bigger guy. Despite wanting to observe the others, my eyes are glued to Teddy and the strange guy. I believe him, the guy, to be somewhat older than I, twenty something for sure.

“Brian this is Jason, he’s my boyfriend.” The grin on Teddy’s face couldn’t get any bigger.

Boyfriend? My best friend likes boys? I’ve never seems anything wrong with two men or women being together, but I’ve never really met a gay person. They’re no different than anyone else though.

“Teddy, who’s this?” Jason wrinkles his tan forehead and looks me over. I feel as if his cool green eyes are picking me apart bit by bit. I can already tell he’s not someone I’m going to get along with, and I can get along with a rock.

“This is Brian! Get this, he’s been wandering out there all by himself!” As Teddy say’s this, the others gasp.

“You poor thing.” the taller of the two girls says, frowning.

“I-it’s okay.” I mumble not looking at her. I don’t want people feeling bad for me, I’ve never like pity.

The other girl giggles and throws herself onto me. “I call him, Polly!”

“Call me Polly?” I frown a little. “My name is B-Brian.”

“No silly,” the girl giggles more.

Confused I look at Teddy for the answer. I only trust him. He cracks a smile.

“Polly is that girl,” he points to the tall one, “Jessie was saying she wants you.”

“Was not!” Jessie defends herself, straightening up to her full height. She reaches about to my nose.

Teddy rolls his eyes. “This is why I don’t like girls. They’re so confusing.”

I bite my lip still not sure of what was going on. Luckily I get away from Jessie and take a big breath. I don’t think I’ll like her much either.

“Anyways Brian, this is the gang. I guess you’ve gotten all of their names.” Teddy points out, still smiling.

“Yeah.” I mumble. So far I only like Polly, and of course Teddy. Polly seems quiet, and after all that quite coming into this is not very quiet atmosphere. I need someone who doesn't talk much.

"You don't talk much, do you kid?" Jason asks, poking my shoulder. I take a half-step away from him and nod.

"Well duh Jason, Brian has been alone for four years! He didn't have anyone to talk to!" Teddy states the obvious. The way my name escapes his full pink lips sounds so perfect. I just want him to say it over and over.

Jason gives me a dirty look when he notices me staring at Teddy longer than I should. I want to tell him I can't help but to stare, but for some reason the  words just won't come out.

"Hey guys I'm going to show Brian my house." The others nod and he grabs my hand. "You can stay with me." As we're walking away from the group of his friends I hear a soft growl come from none other than Jason. His dissatisfaction makes the corners of my lips tilt into a small smirk. I've forgotten what fun it is pissing people off. Making him even angrier, I turn around just to show him how pleased I am with his jealousy.

After a while of walking Teddy points to a small house with a trampoline in the side yard. He pulls me inside the unlocked home and I grin. The inside seemed exactly how I expected it to be. It's full of cozy and comfy looking furniture that I can easily imagine Teddy curling up on with a book. In fact the whole back wall was full of books stacked on top of each other. The wall across from that was used as some sort of canvas with all kinds of paintings on it.

"This is my house." He says no louder than a whisper. "But you can stay here with me okay."

I smile realizing my hand was still attached to his. I don't make an attempt to change that fact. "Thank you." I mumble back, truly happy for the first time in a long time.

I follow him to the couch and sit, instantly Teddy curls up to me like a kitten. "How old are you anyways?" He asks, his head laying on my chest.

"Nineteen." I answer, hopping he doesn't hear how fast my heart is beating and think wrong of it. "You?"

"Same." I watch his eyes slowly close. "You don't like them do you?"

I shake my head. "I only like you, Polly seems okay though." Already I can see myself staying with Teddy forever. Just him and I. I don't need anyone but him.

I feel my own eyes growing heavy. Then the door opens and Teddy springs up. Jason.

"Brian can I have a word with you?" He hisses, protectively pulling Teddy to his side. "Now."

"Aren't you having a word with me now?" I sneer, knowing my ass is just about to get kicked.

"Listen," he pushes Teddy away and takes a few steps towards me. "I don't know who the fuck you think you are but I'm not going to let some weird ass kid come up and try to steal my boyfriend."

I put my hands out in defense as he steps closer. "Well I'm sorry your boyfriend seems to like a straight guy more than you." With these words I'm pinned against the painting wall by my throat.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! You know it doesn't take too much time to push that little vote button. The next chapter is already done but I'd like to get maybe ten votes before I post it. 

-Sky