Chapter Ten

Woo! 140! Maybe this time we can make it to 160?! :3

Chapter 10

I wait for Teddy at his work the next day. It should be his lunch break. I had slept behind a building the night before for fear of the emotion that would betray me if I went back.

Teddy is surprised when he sees me. He holds up a finger for me to wait while he takes off his equipment. He jogs over.

"Care to join me for a bite?" I ask. "Before you protest, it's not a date."

He seems a bit disappointed but nods. He follows me over to a little restaurant. We get a table in the back with two seats. I order a turkey sub and Teddy orders the veggie soup and a sweet tea.

"Where did you go last night?" Teddy asks, concerned over my rough look.

"Behind the- it doesn't matter," I shake my head.

"Did...did you sleep OUTSIDE?" Teddy gasps.

I shrug, not willing to give a definite answer.

"Brian, you could have stayed with someone! Jessie, Polly, anyone!"

I snort. "If I'm going to be shared around like a whore, why not sleep like one?"

Teddy looks confused and hurt.

"What are you talking about?"

"Polly told me, Teddy," I snap, burying pain and settling on anger.

"What did she tell you?" he asks, eyebrows drawn together, eyes shinning.

"Told me exactly what you've been wanting me to get through my think skull- that you won't ever be with me, that you don't want me. And frankly, it was clear after what you had her do to me," I hide my face in my hands.

Silence, utter silence. I look up into the furious eyes of Teddy.

"Brian, love, just what did she do that 'I' had her do?" he asks in a quiet voice. For once, I am scared of the short man.

"She...well she..." I blush, looking down at my lap.

"Brian," he snaps, "as adorable as your innocence is, I need details, and I need them now."

I close my eyes. "She used her mouth on me."

Of course, the waiter comes by at this moment. I hide my face again as she lays our orders on the table and walks away quickly.

"I'm gonna have some words with that bitch," he growls. I look up, surprised.

"Excuse me?"

"Brian, honey, you were played," he taps his hand angrily on the table.

"You mean you never told her to...to..."

"I may not be a typically jealous person, and we may have a pretty screwed up relationship right now, but I would never EVER tell someone else to touch you," Teddy suddenly looks like he's going to cry. Mixed with the anger, he looks like an emotional time bomb and I am terrified.

"She lied to me?" I frown. "Oh God, Teddy, I am so sorry."

"Shh...I would never expect this of Polly. Jessie I could understand, but Polly was my best friend for years!"

"She knew about us, what we had done," I say.

He narrows his eyes. "I never told her. That means she put it together herself. She didn't just play you, she played you well."

"Damn," I think about what she had done to me, hindsight making me realize how stupid I was.

"Was she good?" he asks quietly. I look at him; his eyes are cast down at the table. He's actually self-conscious.