Chapter Fifteen

Finally here it is! Next update will be when we have 250 votes :3

Teddy ->

Chapter Fifteen

Sighing, I sit up on the couch. Teddy had to go to work so I'm just sitting at home, bored to tears. I'd never been a huge fan of TV so all the reruns aren't too stimulating.

Maybe today would be a good day to go out and just, enjoy this world-even if the only I'll ever enjoy is my Teddy.

Wiping the sleep out of my eyes, I stand up slowly and begin to walk to the door. Then I realize I'm still wearing my pajamas.

Eh, oh well.

A gust of wind hits me as soon as I open the door, sending a chill down my spine. I ignore the cool weather and lock up before heading to 'town'.

Now town isn't anything too special, it's where most of the big businesses are (like the water and electric place). There's also a few stores that sell meat (which is strange because I've yet to see any animals), and a place for clothes. They don't sell clothes here; it's more of a free for all. There's only so many people so it doesn't really matter who gets what.

Then I spot something I've never noticed and I begin to get excited. A pet shop.

Is that where they keep all the animals? I guess there's only one way to find out.

A soft bell rings as I open the door, and I'm greeted with the sounds of barks.  I smile at all the memories that come flooding back to me.

You see I had a pet dog back when I was younger.  His name was Nugget and he was the ugliest dog I'd ever seen. His long ears dragged against the floor because his legs were much too short, he drooled almost every second, and he was so fat he could only wobble around.

God I miss Nugget.

"Can I help you?" The voice sounded familiar but I wasn't sure. I glance up and make eye contact with Jessy. She smiles at me, seeming much calmer than when I first met her.

"Do you have dogs?" It’s a stupid question, I know, the place is filled with barking.

She giggles and nods. "Plenty!  What type?"

I ponder for a second before saying, "Mutts."

She gives me a curious look before motioning for me to follow. "Brian they're all mutts."

I make a small 'O' with my mouth, blushing in embarrassment. "Do you have puppies?" If I get a pet I want it to stay with me for a while.  I can't bear to lose something after I just got everything back.

She nods, making her brown hair fly all over her face. "Teddy came in here a while back, yah know?"

I shake my head and follow her up to the second level of the store. "Why was he here?"

"He likes to play with the animals."

A small smile forms on my lips.

That's so, Teddy like.

"Well which dog did he like the most?"

She leads me down a narrow hall and into a room filled with dogs. There weren't as many as I imagined but still quite a few. Jessy opens the gate blocking the hall from the room and quickly runs in. I do the same.

"Teddy's favorite is Bear." She points to what seems to be a corgi-mix. "

I bite my tongue to refrain from laughing.

"What?" She raises an eyebrow.

"Teddy, Bear?" I let out a chuckle. "Of course that would be his favorite."

"Oh! No! We named him that after Teddy! He was here when Bear was born!" Jessy wipes the sweat off her forehead and pushes through the dogs. She picks up the little puppy and brings it back to me. "He wanted to take it home but Jason is allergic to dogs...”

"I'll take him."

She smiles. "Gawh, that is so adorable! Buying a puppy for you and your boyfriend!"

I take the dog from her and look it in the eyes. "It kinda looks like Teddy. Small and cute."

Bear licks my cheek repeatedly as if I was made of bacon. I grin and pull him closer to where he's cuddled up against my chest. Teddy's going to be so happy. "How much?"

"They're all free Brian. Duh." Jessie playfully hits my shoulder. "You really need to get out more."

I shrug. "I'm just fine at home."

Now that I have Bear I'll have something to take care of while Teddy is away. I'll never be alone again.

"But it's nice to walk around! It's boring at home!"

"I just like being home I guess."

Jessy isn't going to understand why I like being home all the time. She didn't walk around for four years all by herself. She didn't go through what I did.

Home is safe and warm.

It's cold outside.

"You know it's kind of like you're starting a little family!" Jessy giggles again, becoming more and more like the girl I met all those days ago. "Bear will be like your baby!"

I crinkle up my forehead at the ridiculous thought. Sure some people think of their pets as children, but I'm buying Bear to be my pet.

"Thanks for your help." I mumble softly.

"No problem!"

"You bought me my Bear?!" Teddy drops his jacket and tackles me to the ground. I hit the floor with a thud and I groan in pain. "How did you even know?!"

"Jessy told me." I try ignoring the pain. At least I fell on carpet and not tile. "She said it was named after you."

Teddy kisses my cheek as Bear comes over to investigate the loud noise. "Bear baby!" I watch Teddy scoop up the pup into his arms and cradle it like a mother would her child.

"Thank you so much." He wipes a stray tear away. "No one has ever done anything like this for me before."

"I guess it can be like an early birthday present." I can't help but to grin.

"Oh shit!" Teddy gently drops Bear onto the floor beside us. "We gotta go!"

"Go?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"My sister! Come on! We have to go!"