Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

Teddy didn't speak for three days after what happened. He sat on our couch with his head in his hands. I got him food but he didn't eat any of it. I tried getting him to even look at me but he wouldn't. He wouldn't even let me touch him. But finally after those three days he speaks.

"He's gone."

I sit down next to him on the couch.

"He's actually gone."

Nervously, I bite my lip.

"I'm sorry Brian," he mumbles softly cuddling up to my side. "I've just never thought he'd be gone. Jason took up two years of my life and now he's just gone. I'd rather it be him than you or me. I just, I've never seen someone killed before."

"Shh," I carefully pull him closer to my side. "You know I wouldn't have let him hurt you. God if I knew what he was planning I would have stopped him. I shouldn't have let that happen."

"Stop," Teddy snaps. "You didn't know what he was going to do! Don't blame this on yourself!"

I listen to his words but I can't help but to continue feeling guilty. A sick part of me is happy Jason was killed. He'd no longer be in my way and his threats will no longer haunt me. Jason is gone for good and Teddy is all mine.

We're safe.

"I love you," I whisper before softly kissing his dark hair.

"Thank you," he mumbles backs.

"For?"

"For loving me."

I smile.

Because he's been down lately I've decided to try and cheer Teddy up a bit. I've left him little presents around the house for him to stumble upon, and I've been extra nice. But despite everything I've done he just doesn't seem to cheer up. I shouldn't expect him to instantly get better but I mean, Jason tried to KILL him! He shouldn't be this upset over his death. Right?

I guess I'm just ready for Teddy to return to normal, sweet and loving Teddy. I hate seeing him like this.

"Hey Teddy!" I grin happily at the sitting boy. He looks up from his bowl of cereal  and smiles faintly. I sigh.

"What are you eating?" I ask, even though I already know the answer.

"Fruit Loops."

I take the seat next to him and sit in his direction. "We should go out tonight! Just you and I!"

"And do what?" He asks dully, pushing the rainbow colored loops around in his bowl.

I shrug. "Anything you want!"

"I'd rather stay in."

"Then we can have movie night!" I know how much Teddy loves his movies.

"I guess."

"Great!"

It hurts knowing how much he probably doesn't want to do it. I feel like he doesn't want to do anything with me anymore. And as selfish as it is, I think Teddy should stop only thinking about himself. Has he even thought about what I had to go though? I thought he was dead! I'd never been more scared in my life.

He didn't even thank me for coming to save him.

At seven forty I gather up some popcorn, cokes, and other little snacks for my Teddy and I. I make a nice cozy spot for us on the couch and finally I get out a nice size stack of movies for us to watch. I carefully made sure that each contained to death and were comedies.

Maybe all this will get Teddy out of whatever he's in. Then I could ask him the question I've been wanting to for quite a while.

"You ready?" I ask the brunette as he walks into the room. Teddy's tired eyes meet mine and dread fills my stomach.

"Can we do this tomorrow? I'm too tired tonight."

I nod, trying to hide the tears building in my eyes. "We can go to sleep."

"Actually I just want to be," he pauses to look down, "alone.".

"T-that's fine." No it isn't. "I'll see you in the morning!" That is if by then he'll even let me look at him.

Teddy doesn't say another word before walking back to bed where he's been most of the day. I sit down on the couch and let the years pour out of my eyes.

We can finally just love each other but now Teddy wants nothing to do with me! Haven't I suffered long enough? Can't I just be happy and have something for once?!

The next morning Teddy actually seems to be in a good mood. He smiles as he enters the kitchen. I'm sitting at the table with a cup of coffee when he comes to sit next to me.

"Good morning!" He chimes, sounding much like the Teddy I remember.

"Good morning." I smile halfheartedly back at him. I'm still a little upset about last night.

"I'm excited for our movie night tonight," he leans over and kisses my cheek. But before he straightens up, he whispers, "and what I want to happen afterwards should be fun too~"

I bite down on my lip as he sits back up and takes a sip of the coffee he had gotten for himself.

I can't stay mad at him...

"What are your plans for today?" I ask him.

"Work." He grumbles. "In fact I need to get going."

I fake a frown. "I'll miss you."

"Miss you too." He giggles. "But I'll be back!"

Teddy runs out the door with his half full coffee sitting on the table next to mine. I can't help but to wonder what made him change so quickly. Whatever it is, I'm glad to have him back. And today is a perfect day for me to ask him that question. But before I do that I'll do the right thing and ask his mom first.

I know we haven't known each other for long but in this tiny world I know Teddy is the one for me.