Chapter Thirteen

Only fifteen votes till next chapter... :3

Chapter Thirteen

"Brian, what did Jason say when he asked to talk to you?" Teddy asks the question I've been dreading to answer. I knew it was coming because of the looks he's been giving me. He knows something is up.

I can't lie no matter how badly I want to. I don't want this relationship starting out with lies, that's ever worse than whatever Jason is planning. But just because I'm not going to lie doesn't mean I have to tell Teddy what's really going on. He doesn't need to be worrying about me.

"Just stuff." I mutter to him, pulling his small warm body closer to mine. I bury my face in his soft brown hair and sigh.

Teddy doesn't give up. "What kind of stuff?"

"Stuff you shouldn't worry about."

He huffs, pulls away, and sits up on our bed. "I'm being serious Brian. What did he say?"

I join him in a sitting position. "And I'm saying it's noting you need to waste your time thinking about. It's nothing I can't handle."

I'm going to try anything to get him to settle down- anything but telling him. I don't want Teddy upset with me, but if it comes down to that, he'll just have to get over it.

"He just said some stuff. I'm not going to tell you Teddy. I'm sorry but- hey where are you going?" I frown as Teddy slides off the bed with a pillow in hand.

He makes his way over to the door and glances at me quickly. "If you aren't going to tell me then I'm sleeping on the couch." I groan and follower the smaller boy. He stops quickly, causing me to run into his back.

"Go back to bed."

"No, I can't sleep without you." The clock hanging crookedly on the wall reads midnight. Of course that isn't the real time- but it's all we have.

Teddy lets out a sigh of annoyance. "Then don't sleep."

"Alright, I'll just watch some movies." Teddy has a large collection of VHS and DVDs and I've never seen quite a few of them...but if my plan works then they're be no movie watching.

"Then I'll sleep in our room."

"But you know how much I hate being alone at night." I pout.

Teddy shakes his head and I'm sure if I could see his face, he'd be rolling his eyes right about now. "Fine, but this doesn't mean I'm not still upset."

I kiss the top of his head. "And I'm still not going to tell you."

A few days pass without Teddy saying a word about Jason. Life is perfect- except for the whole threat thing. Jason should be making his move any day now. I can't sleep because I feel like if I close my eyes too long Teddy won't be there when I awake.

I wish Jason would just do something already! I'm getting tried of waiting, worrying. I'm sick of it all.

"I want to go out tonight." Teddy tells me. "Someplace romantic."

My lips tilt into a small smile. "Then tonight we'll go someplace romantic." I run my hand though his dark locks, wishing I could have color. I'm like human-shaped snowflake. Maybe I should dye my hair, that's the only thing I can really do...

"And after that?" He eyes me, biting his soft pink lip.

"After that we can watch the stars."

Teddy frowns. "Brian you know we can't-"

"We can do whatever we want as long as we can imagine it." I cut him off, staring into his blue eyes.

A soft blush arises on his cheeks. "Well I imagine you kissing me."

Smiling, I lean in and press my lips against his. Before anything gets too serious I whisper, "I love you," softly against his lips.

He smiles and wraps both his slender arms around my neck, pulling himself closer and deepening the kiss.

"What would be romantic?" I ask myself, tapping my chin over and over with my index finger.

Because Teddy is my first for pretty much everything, I have no experience in romance.

But I want tonight to be perfect because he deserves this, we deserves this. So I'll do whatever it is I can and hope for the best. And hopefully Teddy will like it.

"Where are you taking me?" The brunette asks, his voice full of excitement.

I can't help but to grin.

"Can't tell you." My hand trails further down his back as I lead him towards the spot. In return Teddy presses closer to me, not leaving enough space for an ant to squeeze in between us.

"Please tell me!"

"Teddy, we're almost there! Just wait a few more seconds." I chuckle softly as we reach the candle-lit area. I had come out here earlier to set everything up, it was hard considering Teddy wouldn't get off my back about it. Despite my lack decoration skill, the place looks like something out of a fairy tale.

"We stopped, why did we stop? Are we here?" Teddy starts bouncing in place with excitement. I'm overwhelmed with the adorableness.

"We are." I remove my hand from over his eyes but keep other on the small of his back. He gasps at the sight.

"Oh B-Brian." His voice cracks. "No one has ever done anything like this for me." Both his arms pull me into a tight hug, and a soft kiss is place on my cheek.

Instead of feeling happy and excited about what I've done, guilt washes through my veins. I hadn't done anything special, just put up some candles and a blanket. I made a simple dinner of chicken sandwiches, and found a decent bottle of wine. I'm not much of a wine drinker but I figure it would set the mood better than a can of flat soda.

"Thank you so much." Teddy tightens his grip, tears forming in his eyes.

"It's nothing that great." I mumble, softly hugging back.

"Is too." His eyes meet mine. "It's perfect."