Chapter 1

STEPHANIE'S POV
I wake up to the sound of Parker barking up a storm. Parker's my dog and he's over 2 years old. He was my birthday present last year and I almost gave him up because I wanted a diamond necklace but got a dog instead.

The day before we went to the store to return him my parents were out and some conference in another city. Honesty I'm more used to being by myself since my parents are more often not here than here. So Parker and I were the only ones at home and I had no idea what to do with him. I mean, I'm not a dog person. I'm a money, shopping, cuticle care kind of person.

Parker started barking at a bird out the window and I remember it giving me a headache. I started digging through the cabinets looking for medicine and after no success I stood up from my crouched position on the floor and hit my head on the open drawer. I remember falling down and everything going dark.

I woke up with a pounding headache which reminded me of getting something for it. I looked up and noticed first that I hadn't been passed out for that long, and second that Parker was lying down beside me. He's stuck by my side ever since.

I snap out of the memory and glance at my clock. I realize that I have another hour of sleep before school since Parker woke me up so early, so I sigh and snuggle back under my covers.

WEST'S POV
I wake up to the sound of a helicopter on my roof. My dog Zeke jumps up but doesn't start barking so I slowly roll out of bed, and put on some jeans and a t-shirt. Yawning, I walk out of my room and take the elevator up to the eleventh floor. My parents are super rich so we live in a mansion and I basically have 3 bedrooms and my own private set of staff.

The helicopter is my parents car basically and whenever I hear it it means they're home. Since my parents are always out at conferences for their jobs, I don't really know what they do. They're never here so I don't usually get time to talk to them. The elevator lets out a quiet 'ding' and the doors open, I step out, walking towards the door that leads outside.

Our house has eleven floors: the first floor is all our living rooms and stuff, and the second floor is all the dining rooms and sitting rooms. The third floor belongs to me completely (bedroom, arcade, all the good stuff), the fourth to my sister Megan, the fifth to my brother Matt, and the sixth is basically the spa, massage centre, and large pool.

The seventh is the gyms and workout rooms and the eighth is my youngest sister's, Mikayla, who's almost 7. The ninth has guest rooms, and tenth is my parents floor. They get the highest room so when they leave in mornings they aren't waking anybody, and eleventh is the helicopter landing pad.

I finally get outside and am greeted by my parents each talking angrily on the phone to some coworkers or something. They keep talking so I sit down on the landing pad beside the parked helicopter and start scrolling through my Instagram feed. I look up from my phone after about twenty minutes to see my parents finally hang up.

"West!" Mom cries. She always gets emotional when she sees me months apart. I don't understand, if she's so sad to be separated from her children why does she leave?

I stand up and give her a hug as dad walks over and pats me on the back.

"Mikayla and Meagan are in the spa. I think Matt's still sleeping though." I tell them.

The give me a smile and say how great it is to be home before walking inside.