Chapter 20

WEST'S POV

I pull up to Stephanie's house and park the car. I step out and walk up onto her driveway but instead of her being inside I see Stephanie sitting on the porch.

I step closer and pause. She's crying.

I jog up to her and sit down beside her.

"What's wrong?" I ask with worry spreading throughout my body.

She doesn't answer but just looks up at me.

Stephanie always puts up a wall towards other people but when ever it's just me and her I get to see the lost and vulnerable sides of her.

She scoots closer to me and wraps her arms around my neck. We make eye contact and just look at each other.

She leans in and kisses me and I kiss back. We pull away and she swings her legs around so that they're on my lap and she rests her head on my shoulder. I wrap my arms around her and hold her tight.

"It's Parker." she sniffles.

I look down at her and frown.

"Is he okay?" I whisper.

She looks up at me with tears in her eyes and shakes her head.

"He's gone West." She murmurs.

"He ran away?" I ask.

She shakes her head and I understand.

I kiss her temple and we sit there in silence.

"West if he never lived we never would have met. Well maybe we would but we will never know" Stephanie whispers.

"You're right." I reply and we fall back into silence.

Its not an uncomfortable silence and we stay quiet for a few more minutes before I ask "Do your parents know?"

Steph looks scared and shakes her head. Tears start falling down her face again but she doesn't bother to wipe them away.

"No. They're probably in an airplane by now and you're the first person I thought to tell." She says.

I wipe her tears away with my thumb and kiss her forehead.

"Is he inside?" I ask and grab her hand.

Steph nods once and pulls out her phone.

"I should probably call my parents." Stephanie climbs off my lap and goes to sit on a hammock.

I stay where I am and watch her.

STEPHANIE'S POV

I put down my phone and take a breath.

My mom told me to call someone to collect the body and then get him cremated.

I don't want to do this. I pull my knees up to my chest and look over at West.

He stands up and walks over to me.

"Can you call someone? My parents want him cremated and I can't talk to another person about this." I ask.

He nods and sits beside me.

"Hey. Its gonna be ok." He tells me and grabs my hand. "I'm here for you and I'm not leaving."

I lean up and kiss him. He knows exactly what to say and I love him for that.

I pull away and look at him. I think I really do love him.

He pulls out his phone and opens up Google. I kiss his cheek and he smiles.