Chapter 6

STEPHANIE'S POV

I come to school on Tuesday and expect it to go by the same as any other day: get here, learn useless information, eat lunch, learn more useless information, and leave. I go to first and second block without really learning anything and lunch was just gossiping. I head to third block, which is art, and take an empty seat beside the window. I look up and see a face I didn't expect to see in a while, if ever.

West steps into the room and looks around. He looks at me and we make eye contact and I blush and look down at my shoes. I see a figure out of the corner of my eye and its West looking down at me.

"Hey. Mind if I sit here?" He says and motions to the spot beside mine.

"Oh yeah! Go ahead!" I say with a smile but I can feel every part of my body go tense when he sits down.

He sits down and turns towards me.

"I didn't know you came to this school!" He exclaims.

"Yeah! Me neither! Um I mean me not knowing you came here. I knew I came hear." I quickly add but regret it as soon as I say it because I start blushing as red as a tomato.

WEST'S POV

Stephanie starts blushing and I can't help grinning. I'm about to say something but the teacher walks in so I turn away from Stephanie and focus on the board.

•••••••••

The bell signalling the end of class goes off so I stand up and grab my books from my desk.

"So um, I guess I'll see you Thursday?" Stephanie asks me while sort of gesturing towards the front of the classroom.

"Yeah! Can't wait!" I say but I'm suddenly aware of what I said and so I nod at her and walk out of the classroom.

I can't believe I basically just said I liked her! I mean I don't even know her and now she thinks I like her. I don't even know if I like her.

I bump into Eldon on the way to bio and he's grinning.

"Yo! Do you have bio next?" He asks me.

"Yeah. You?" I question. I'm confused with why he's so happy to see me.

"Yeah! I just heard that Emily's in it too!" He says with a huge smile.

Eldon's had a crush on Emily ever since he came to the school but he's too awkward to ask her out so he started dating Michelle. He didn't realize until about a month ago that Michelle and Emily were enemies and now he desperately wants to break up with Michelle to be with Emily.

"And so does that mean you're gonna break up with Michelle and ask out Emily?" I question hopefully even though I already know the answer.

"Yeah no. If I break up with Michelle she will kill me!" He laughs and explains.

"Yeah okay whatever." I tell him as we step into the classroom.