Chapter 9

STEPHANIE'S POV

Beep! Beep! Beep! I roll over and slam my hand down on the snooze button of my alarm clock. I start falling asleep again when it starts beeping again.

"Shush!" I whisper to my alarm clock while slowly crawling out of bed. "I'm up!" I say to nothing in particular as my hand comes down on the off button of the clock.

Walking over to my closet I find a cute purple tank top to wear and a pair of black leggings. I get dressed and brush my hair before heading downstairs to eat breakfast.

"Morning!" I say to our head maid, Daisy. She's been working both for and with us for years and I've always considered her a part of the family.

"Good morning Stephanie!" She greets me. "How was your sleep?"

"Great!" I say cheerfully. Father always taught me to be nice to people until I have a reason not too. And all my dad's coworkers and workers are nice to me so I'm nice back. "And yours?" I ask.

"Very nice thank you! We'll you better be heading off to school now" she says with a smile as she glances at the clock.

"Yes!" I say as I too look at the clock. I go over to the pantry and grab a granola bar before heading out the door. "Bye Daisy! See you later!" I say before shutting the door firmly. I start walking to my car when I start thinking about West.

As I'm thinking about him and what his life is more like I almost run into a stop sign beside my car. I laugh to nothing in particular again and hop inside my car. I cleaned it recently so it smells slightly of new car. I start the engine and drive to school.
•••••••••••••
I get to school and step out of my car. I see someone behind me out if the corner of my eye so I turn around. I am face to face with West. His eyes are twinkling and his lips look like he's a good kisser.

"Hey!" He says. "Um, do you have anything later tonight?" He asks me.

"No, Why?" I reply. On the outside I probably just look like I'm asking a question but on the inside I'm practically hyperventilating.

"Well I was wondering if you wanna see a movie with me?" He says while avoiding my eyes. I can tell he's nervous.

I chuckle and can feel my cheeks heat up. "Are you asking me on a date?" I inquire.

His eyes finally meet mine. "Um yeah, yeah." He mumbles.

"Yes I'll go on a date with you." I answer but now I'm the one avoiding his eyes.

"Ok," he responds. "I'll pick you up at 8." He says before running off.

I smile to myself as I head towards the school entrance and then to Emily's locker. I see her standing there and tap her on the shoulder. She turns around and smiles at me.

"After school you're coming shopping with me." I demand. I can see a hint of a smile light up her face. Emily will do anything to go shopping. "I have a date." I spring on her before walking off. We usually spend at least a week before a boy takes on a date researching sales at different stores and stuff but this time we'll have to work quickly. I'm not worried though. I know Emily will be on her phone all day to make a shopping plan. I arrive at my locker, grab my books for the morning, and head off towards the math classroom still thinking about West.

A/N: sorry for not updating in a bit. I'll try to post another chapter either today or tomorrow. And thanks to all who are reading this! It means a lot❤️