Chapter 14

STEPHANIE'S POV
Mom and I head inside and sit down at the kitchen table. Dad's talking to Daisy and the other maids and butlers.

"So where were you this time?" I ask mom.

"Well we started out in Germany then went to France and Amsterdam. After that we stayed in Italy for about 3 weeks before going to Greece, Spain, Ukraine, and Sweden. Greece was definitely my favourite, although it would have been nice to spend more time there with you." She rubs my arm as she says this.

"Well it would be a lot of fun to go all over Europe one day!" I pipe up. "But I have stuff to tell you too!"

She just looks at me and smiles, waiting for me to continue.

"So I met a guy." I say slowly and mom's eyes practically pop out of her head.

"When?!" She questions me. "How?"

"Well," I start "I took Parker on a walk one day and he started pulling at the leash the second we entered the dog park. Parker got free and I spent like twenty minutes trying to find him. I ended up finding him playing with another dog and the owner of the other dog was named West. We actually go to the same school and have art together. We went on a date before he asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes. We've been dating for three months now." I finish with a smile.

I look up at mom's face and she's smiling at me.

"I'm so happy for you. I know this is early on but I still remember the moment I first met your father." Mom starts describing how her and dad met. Its such a long story when she tells it and such a short story when dad tells it. I personally like hearing mom's version better.

•••••••••••

After catching up with mom and dad and eating brunch I head upstairs to my room. I flop down onto my bed and pull out my phone. Turning it on a message from West pops up.

W: Hey! Got a minute?

I immediately text back.

S: yeah. my parents just got back and I was talking to them but I'm free now. :)

W: cool! I haven't met your parents yet. And you haven't met mine. do you wanna go out with me tonight? my treat.

S: yeah sure:) any particular occasion?

W: nope :) dress comfortably.

S: where are you taking me?

W:it's a surprise :) I got to go. I'll pick you up tonight @ 7pm. Bye :)

S: bye ;)

I put my phone down and head downstairs.