9 - The Todorokis

Sunlight came through the window, waking me up. Squinting my eyes, I noticed the sunlight coming through the crack in the curtains. Turning away from the sunlight I blinked, looking around. I was sitting on the floor in front of my bedroom door. Slayer was passed out to my left, he was curled up next to me.

Blinking a few times, I thought about the night before. My jaw was sore from crying, I had a small nagging headache. A hangover headache is what I liked to call them, commonly you get them after migraines from the night before. Yet I didn't remember having a migraine...

Standing up, I felt a sting in my arm. Looking at my arm, I noted that it was bleeding. Looking for the cause of the bleeding, one of my throwing knives tips was poking out of my jeans, not only did it put a hole in my jeans, but it cut my arm as well.

"That's what I get for falling asleep with knives on me..." I muttered to myself.

Taking the knives out of my pockets, I set them down on my nightstand. Going through my closet I grabbed the comfiest, easiest outfit. Quickly I slid on black leggings, a simple gray t-shirt, and a muted green baggy sweatshirt. I put on my knife holder that went around the waist under the sweatshirt, so that this time I wouldn't cut myself on accident. I took the feather from my pocket knife and tied it to one of my throwing knives. Sliding the knives into the holder, I turned towards the mirror.

The first thing I noticed was blood dripping down my hand. Sliding up the baggy sleeve, I looked at the cut. It wasn't too deep, of a cut, but man was it bleeding. Looking back into the mirror, I noted that blood was just dripping down my arm. Ignoring it I grabbed my hair brush, quickly brushing through my hair. I decided to just leave it down for the day. Looking closer in the mirror I noted that my eyes were a little puffy from crying the night before, I had small purplish pink eyebags, not too bad of ones if I do say so myself.

Yawning, I walked over to the bedroom door, putting my hand on the handle. Suddenly I felt a wet nose boop my leg. Turning towards the cause, I stared at Slayer.

As I looked at him, I thought about the night before. Dealing with Shigaraki and Dabi... the fact that Dabi was Toya. My dead best friend wasn't actually dead. I hadn't exactly come to terms with it, in fact I've kinda just shoved it aside. Letting my subconscious comprehend it.

"He's most likely gone Slayer." I said, unlocking the door.

He booped me again, his tail between his legs.

"Buddy, I threatened him and literally tried to kill him. If he's still there then he's a lunatic." I stated, opening up the door.

Walking out of the hallway, I noticed someone laying on the couch. Stopping at the end of the hallway, I took in the fact that Dabi was passed out on my couch. He really was a lunatic. That's all I could think of. I didn't know what to do with the fact that my supposedly dead friend was passed out on the couch. Actually I was kinda pissed at him. I mean he could've just told me who he was, instead of teasing around the idea that he knew me.

Slayer whined behind me, catching my attention. I noted that there was now some blood drops on the floor from my arm. Oh joy, more floor to replace... actually I still need to get that floor that Shigaraki bled all over fixed.

Sighing I headed towards the kitchen, going through the cupboards trying to find the medkit. I sat there confused when I couldn't find it, til it hit me. Standing up, I turned towards the living room. The medkit was sitting on the end table from me fixing Dabi's arm the night before.

"Why..." I muttered under my breath.

Walking over towards the living room, I stopped by the dining table. I stared at the medkit. Glancing down at my arm, I determined whether the cut was worth it. Deciding that if I didn't cover it, I'd just be bleeding everywhere. Which would be a huge pain.