Part 4

Dec was suddenly nervous.

Was Andrea really rubbing her foot against his leg under the table?

She couldn't be...it must be his imagination.

It's just lack of space he told himself and quickly tucked his legs under his chair as far as he could manage.

"So Andrea" Ali smiled obliviously "Dec has a rare day off work tomorrow,so we're going to go and buy a double buggy,would be great if you came too"

"A double buggy?" Andrea questioned "isn't Isla a bit big for a buggy?"

"Well,it won't be for every day" Ali replied "Dec and I were discussing it last night and thought it would be a good idea because she's about to start school,so is bound to be exhausted by the end of the day...at the beginning at least,plus her school is further away than her nursery,so just having it as a back up might not be such a bad idea"

"Yeah,she can be a little madam when she's tired" Dec nodded.

"Ok" Andrea agreed,although she hated the idea of having to push a four year old who was perfectly capable of walking in a buggy.

"Then Wednesday is the big day" Ali smiled proudly "I can't believe our baby girl is starting school,where has the time gone?"

"Scary how time flies isn't it?" Dec pondered.

"Yeah" Andrea laughed "she'll be smoking behind the bike sheds before you know it"

Dec and Ali both frowned at that comment,but let it go over their heads.

"We can all go together" Ali announced "then I can introduce you to her teacher"

"Ok" Andrea smiled "she must be so excited?

"She is" Dec beamed "she's a smart little cookie too,I know she'll love it"

"Must take after you" Andrea grinned.

"Well,if everyone's finished?" Dec asked awkwardly "I'll start clearing up"

"I'll help you" Andrea quickly stated.

"I'll do it" Ali cut in "you go and relax Dec,you've had a busy day,Andrea and I can take care of this"

Ali didn't see the scowl on Andrea's face and cheerfully got on with the task in hand,relieved that the issues between her and Andrea now seemed to be sorted out.

"Would anyone like a coffee?" Ali asked.

"No thanks" Dec replied and patted the space next to him on the sofa,indicating for her to come and join him "come on love,let's have a cuddle"

"I'll leave you to it then" Andrea said,while feeling pangs of jealousy growing inside at Dec and Ali flaunting their love.

"Goodnight Andrea" they both said in unison.

"See you in the morning" Dec smiled.

"Yeah,come down for 9 o'clock" Ali suggested.

Andrea smiled sweetly and made her way back upstairs,but she was feeling anything but sweet as she thumped the walls in frustration,while mumbling all sorts of obscenities under her breath.

"I'm so glad everything is sorted out with her now" Ali smiled,as she cuddled up to her husband "it's such a relief"

"Yeah,it is" Dec nodded,while still wary of what had happened earlier,but he just hoped he was being silly and not much had actually happened.

The next day,Andrea was downstairs dead on 9 o'clock.

"Morning everyone" she smiled cheerfully "how are we all today?"