Part 11

Andrea watched as Dec and Ali headed off along the beach and Ant and Anne-Marie went in the other direction with Anne-Marie still carrying Jack.

No one had given her any instructions about where to go or what to do,so she decided to stay put in case Isla found her way back to where they had started.

Andrea was extremely angry with the little girl for getting her into trouble.

"Bet she's done this on purpose" she muttered to herself.

Meanwhile,the two couples were scanning every inch of the beach,getting more and more nervous with every step.

"Where is she Dec?" Ali stopped dead and started sobbing.

"Hey" Dec comforted his wife "she won't have gone far,we'll find her,I promise"

"What if she went into the sea?" Ali still couldn't get that awful thought out of her mind "or the swimming pool?"

"Well,if she did" Dec stated "then someone would have seen her,there's enough people milling around and they'll probably be looking after her right now"

Ali nodded sadly through her tears.

"I guess we should go back to the pool area then?" She suggested "although I really don't think she'll have wondered that far"

"Well,no harm in looking" Dec assured her.

Meanwhile Ant and Anne-Marie were scouring the opposite direction of the beach,calling Isla's name loudly and asking anyone if they'd seen her.

Ant showed the picture he had of his Godaughter on his phone to everyone he spoke to,but no one had seen her.

"You're getting heavy little fella" Anne-Marie smiled at Jack.

"Here,let me take him" Ant offered "Maybe we should have left him with Andrea?"

"Really?" Anne-Marie snapped "you think that woman can be trusted after losing a four year old?"

"Oh yeah" Ant mumbled "sorry,didn't think"

"I doubt Dec and Ali will want her anywhere near their kids ever again after this" Anne-Marie pointed out.

"Yeah" Ant agreed "think there's gonna be hell to pay once this is over"

"I just hope we find Isla safe and sound" Anne-Marie sighed "I couldn't bear it if..."

"Please don't say it" Ant pleaded,the thought of anything happening to the little girl that he adored so much,was just too much to bear.

"There's nothing down this way" Anne-Marie realised "maybe we should head back"

"Yeah" Ant agreed "they may have even found her by now"

"Fingers crossed" Anne-Marie smiled.

So they made their way back to where Andrea was sitting,they'd walked a lot further than they'd realised.

"Any news?" Ant asked Andrea sternly.

"No" she replied "haven't seen Dec and Ali since you left,so I guess they're still looking"

"Why aren't you helping?" Anne-Marie snapped.

"I'm staying here" Andrea replied in an equally abrupt tone "in case Isla comes back to find me"

"Ok" Ant frowned "I guess we'll go and find Dec and Ali then"

"You can leave Jack with me" Andrea suggested.

"Er...no" Ant frowned "I'm not sure his parents would be happy with that right now"

"I'm his nanny" Andrea snapped,holding out her arms towards Jack,who was happily sucking on the collar of Ant's T shirt "it's my job to look after him"