Chapter 3 : White phantom

3 years later. Midorijima, 22:37

It's almost the middle of the night, everything is silent and still. However, Aoba seems to not be able to sleep. He stand up from the bed and walk out to the balcony. The cold wind blow through his hair, although he can't really feel the cold.

As Aoba silently stares at the sky, he heard a fainted sound from the roof. Aoba jumped up to where the sound is as he saw a white figure holding the transparent umbrella while facing up to the sky and sing a song. Aoba walked up to that figure until they stop singing.

?? : My apologies. Did I woke you up?

Aoba : Ah no. I just didn't sleep in the first place.

?? : So you having a problem sleeping perhaps?

Aoba : Yeah..... it's safe to said it.

Aoba sits next to the white figure. In the figure's arm hold a jellyfish plushie. He seems to look like a kid with a big body.

?? : My name is Clear. I always wandering around on the roof top.

Aoba : I'm Aoba

Clear : It is really nice to meet you Aoba san

Aoba : If it's not too rude, mind if I ask you something?

Clear : Yes?

Aoba : Why did you always stayed on the roof? I mean..... it's really dangerous up here.

Clear : Are you somehow consider about stranger safety?

Aoba : I mean.... it feels bad if something terrible happened to them while they are in our site.

Clear : I see.... thanks for your considering but I am fine as I am.

Aoba : I get it....

The two silently stared at the sky. The wind started to blow slower and slower til they're not be able to feel. Clear turn his face to Aoba as he speak.

Clear : It is strange......

Aoba : Hm?

Clear : I can hear how your blood is flowing and can detected that you are not human

Aoba : !!!

Clear : You are something that born to eat human but somehow your heartbeats are calm even tho I am a human right in front of you.

Aoba : Haha...... so you know from the beginning. I don't randomly drink blood from someone.

Clear : Was that so?

Clear look up and down at Aoba. He then stood up and bow down low

Clear : I am truly sorry that I ask something rude with you.

Aoba : Eh? No... it's fine actually.....

Clear : ...... If you said so then..... *sit back down*

Aoba : There's nothing to see in the sky....

Clear : We're on the roof. How about we face south? There's no big dome over there.

Aoba : Huh..... good idea.

Both two men turn their face to the south. They look up to the sky and see million of stars.

Aoba : They're beautiful.....

Clear : They did. Are you feel like sleeping now Aoba san?

Aoba : A bit tho.... I need to sleep because tomorrow I have work.

Clear : Oh.... I think my song might help you even a bit.

Aoba : Oh! You mean a song you sang before I approach you?