Eclipse

This chapter is rated Explicit.

"That was probably more rash of you to do than when you went charging up against Doflamingo last year." Isha shook his head. He held Law's arm and placed his hand on the broadside of his shoulder. "Brace."

Law's eyebrow twitched as Isha popped his shoulder back into place. "What would you have had me do? Let him fall?"

"Law, I'm not sure you understand just how lucky you and Shachi are." Isha scowled. There was genuine relief on his face. "If he fell any faster or you were a second later; if literally anything had been even slightly off, the ambulance would have had two bodies to take to the morgue instead of one."

A smirk appeared on Law's face. "The three of us were told once that luck was always on our side, so I guess that still holds true." Steel gray eyes moved across the medical room over to where you and Shachi were laid in bed. "How is he doing?"

You put a finger to your lips. Shachi was laying on you, his face pressed into your chest and his arms tightly circled around your waist. He was lost in a deep sleep. Every now and then his body would twitch, releasing excess stress and tension that you were sure had built up in him for weeks. The poor guy had passed out almost the moment he laid down.

Smoker had tried to get Law and Shachi to go to the hospital which resulted in a very loud, very intense argument between Smoker and Law.

"Why is a police officer trying to tell a doctor what's medically best?"

"I'm just doing my job! We have a protocol to follow!"

"Then take your protocol back to the precinct and shove it up your ass. I can care for him myself."

"You're really getting under my skin, Trafalgar!"

In the end, Law managed to drive Smoker off by threatening to call Sengoku. You had no idea who that was, but the change in Smoker's face told you it was someone important. Reluctantly, he left the Mugiwara building and all the police cars and ambulance departed. Zoro and the blonde, who you came to know as Sanji, took care of the rest of the crowd by intimidating them away. Well, more like Zoro yelled at the crowd like a lunatic, Sanji yelled at him for scaring the women, and then the two started a massive fight which spooked the crowd away.

"I called Penguin-ya." Law said, keeping his voice hushed. "His anxiety is still pretty bad, but he's holding on. He knows Shachi-ya is safe and that was a weight off him at least. Still, Shachi-ya should be taken home soon so he and Penguin-ya can both get some rest. They're probably going to be glued to each other for a while."

You nodded. "I want to stay with them."

Law smirked. "After all this? I don't think you have much of a choice. Do you want me to head back to your apartment and lock up?"