5 / Hanahaki

TW:
- Blood
- Unspecified crush (can be anyone)
- Flowers
- Hanahaki
- Vomit mentions
- - - - - - - -

Dream winced at the petals on the floor, wishing he had made it to the bin, at least. His throat hurt like all hell, but he'd honestly be more concerned if it didn't. He picked the mixture of petals up, thankful for the red ones- at least he could pretend there wasn't any blood on them.. Kind of.

He threw them all into the bin. Dream then went to the bathroom, wiping away any of the blood around his mouth. Fuck, it was getting worse. He could feel how strained his breathing was now.

It had been about two years since he first found a petal in his hand after coughing. At the time it had been funny, he thought he accidentally ate one earlier or something. It got weird when he started finding them every time he coughed, mixed with small bits of blood here and there.

Dream knew he should really go to the hospital, but at this point.. He was trying to work up the courage to talk to the reason of the petals, to see if they liked him.

If they didn't, he'd get the surgery. Dream would get the surgery and try to get it all removed- all the petals and roots he could feel growing every day. "Come on, you have to talk to him." Dream told himself when he looked in the mirror, running his hands under the water to wash the blood off of them. He then went to bed, tomorrow. He told himself. Tomorrow, he'd tell his crush. Tomorrow.

Dream didn't tell him the next day, or the next, or the next. He ended up taking an entire week to work up the courage to tell him, and then he started puking up blood and flower petals. Dream called George, crying to him about how much it hurt.

He sobbed for hours, dry heaving at one point after throwing up a lot more. George had listened and tried to comfort him, tried to ask if he could bring Dream's crush over so his pain could just stop.

Dream refused, desperately not wanting his crush to see him like this. George reluctantly agreed to not bring his crush over, though he urged Dream to eventually go to his crush. Dream went to say something but ended up having another coughing fit. He passed out at that point. The next day, he told himself. He'd go see his crush the next day.

Dream didn't see his crush the next day. He went to school, but he stayed in the bathrooms most of the time. Dream went to school again, even managing to go up to his crush before he started coughing again. "Dream? Are you okay?" His crush had asked, Dream just nodded and forced a smile despite his coughs.

Dream ran off to the bathroom and threw up into the toilet, wrapping his arms around himself and crying.

It had been weeks since that happened, and Dream couldn't even get out of bed now. His sheets were covered in blood and flowers now, because he just couldn't handle moving. It was so painfully hard to move.. If he moved onto his chest, he couldn't breathe.

If he moved onto his side, he couldn't breathe. If he moved too quickly, he vomited. If he moved at all, his chest hurt. Dream was considering just giving up, it was probably too late for that surgery, plus.. How the fuck would he tell his crush he liked him?

Dream decided he may as well die on his own rather than let this stupid disease kill him. He clenched his fists and sat up, flowers immediately building up in his mouth until he threw up. They were starting to grow in his throat and mouth now, so it would've only been a few more days until he died anyway.

He grabbed the knife he kept on his bedside table, for protection, he always said. He slit his throat and let himself bleed out. He distantly remembered George telling him his crush was coming over...

He felt as flowers spilt with his blood, roots quickly beginning to spread from his throat to his neck. Everything went dark around him seconds after he heard a voice.

"Dream?"