Chapter 8 - A present from me, to you.

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

You had finally finished cleaning the little bit of stuff that may have gone un-noticed by janitors or Sundrop and it was finally time for you to (as the schedule said) meet your new friends!

You had opened the doors to the daycare about 10 minutes ago and you now saw a few children sliding down the slide and popping out right into the ball bit. Sundrop did his routine of jumping from his balcony as he had done so when you arrived and helped the children out of the ball pit.

The children cheered as Sun did a triple flip then a dive into the ball pit. You giggled at all of their excited little faces. You glanced through all the happy children and spotted a familiar face; Evangeline. She didn't look as happy as the other children did and she was standing alone - far off from the others.

You frowned at her slightly sad expression then remembered exactly what had you so excited to be here aside from the job itself. You jog back over to your desk and grab your purse. You unzip it and pull out the Bratz doll you had gotten her. You had made sure when you bought it that it would look slightly like her so she could have a sort of connection with the doll.

The dolls name was Jade. She had dark black hair with brown eyes and wore a short jean skirt with a tight long sleeve top, her shoes were black platforms which fit her outfit great. Jade had quite a few resemblances with Evangeline which made it the perfect gift.

You hid the gift behind your back and strutted over to Evangeline. Evangeline didn't seem to notice you as her gaze was on the ground.

"Good morning, sweetheart,"
You said softly as to not startle the poor girl.

Her gaze immediately went up to your face and she smiled.

"Hi again,"
She seemed hesitant...shy?

"I have a little something for you,"
You smiled and knelt down to her level. Her eyes began to shimmer with excitement.

"Really?"
Evangeline gasped out with a hopeful smile.

"Mhm, I promised you I would get you this,"
You suddenly pull out the Bratz doll from behind your back and showed it to her.

Evangeline gasped and a bright smile shone across her face which caused her eyes to squint. She bounced up and down with excitement and squealed, which caused some glances to be shone our way but we didn't care. I was just so glad she liked her gift, and I think she was too focused on getting the box open to even notice the stares.

She immediately jumped on you in a big bear hug - well as much as her little arms could. You almost fell over but caught yourself before you could. You hugged Evangeline back and she cuddled into you before letting go.

"Thank you Miss!"
Evangeline hugged your leg as you stood then went back to trying to get the box open.

You helped her then let her play with the doll for a little before play time started.

From afar Sundrop and his twin watched the interaction with fascination and a warmed heart, well, at least Sundrop was. Moondrop was over there scowling at you.

He hated how good you were with her. He despised you even more as you talked with Evangeline. And he hated you for making his heart swell with each small smile you gave her.

590 • Words

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Sincerely, theirs

Sincerely, theirs.