Chapter 12 - Hide and Seek 4/4

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Everyone was scurrying around SuperStar Daycare as they tried to find a good hiding spot, so they could win the round of Hide and Seek.

Now, you didn't want to sound rude, but you were the one who was going to win. You felt a slight guilt that you wouldn't be letting the children win, however, you didn't want to have to do whatever Moondrop wanted. He is an intimidating guy, you didn't know what he'd make you do - but you did know it wouldn't be good.

You ran across the matted floor of the Daycare, your heels in hand to make it easier for you to move around, as you finally reached the place you were going to hide - the play structures.

You decided going into the one with Monty's face on it, because there is a bridge that connects to Chica's. So, if you needed a quick escape from one play ground, you could go to the other one.
Sure, it was technically cheating - but it can't hurt people who don't know.

You quickly climbed up the rope ladder and up into the first floor of Monty's play structure.

Moondrop was getting very close to being able to shout 'ready or not, here I come!' - so you needed to hurry if you were to win.

You climbed through and under obstacles in the play structure, trying to get to the very top. There, and only there, you would hide in the bright blue slide that was on the highest level.

"Ready or not, here I come!"
Moondrop's deep voice chuckled darkly.

You could hear his thumping footsteps as they moved around the daycare with great swiftness.
It scared you almost, because at some points, you wouldn't hear his footsteps at all - the only thing you could hear during those moments was your own breathing.
It made you wonder each time, if he was going to jump out of no where and catch you - which is why it made you so tense.

You took a deep breath in, to calm your nerves, as you slowly slid your body into the top of the blue slide; positioning yourself so you wouldn't slip down it and be caught instantly.

You stayed there, unmoving for what felt like hours, listening as Moondrop found children one by one.
When he walked close to Monty's playground, it made your whole body freeze and your eyes go wide in terror.

"Where is she?"
Moondrop growled.

"Calm down, Moony - remember, deep breaths!"
Sundrop said in a cheerful yet nervous tone, not wanting to trigger the already aggravated man.

"Shut it, Sundrop!"
Moondrop seethed through gritted teeth.

You had to hold yourself back from laughing as you heard the two sibling's back and forth, childish bickering.

"I know she's here, somewhere close."
Moondrop's words made you tense up once more.

Moondrop's footsteps began sounding closer to where you were hiding. He sounded like he was right below you!