Chapter 14 - Feeling Different.

・。

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Walking into the daycare, everything was calm. Well, for now that is - until all the kids show up.

The place was actually quite tidy after a thorough clean through last night, with the help of Sundrop. Moondrop, however, had run off to his room and didn't bother helping with any of the cleaning up.

Not to mention, he used his winning of our deal against me! When I tried to stop him and ask him to help, he said and I quote; "Last time I checked, you have to do whatever I say. . .so, I say you have to clean up the daycare, and I don't have to help. Understood?".
To which I scoffed and kind of wanted to spit in his cocky face, but since I'm so nice, I held back.

Some things I learned from yesterday though, don't let Sundrop anywhere near glitter glue unsupervised - cause he eats it. Which is concerning. How is it that he is perfectly healthy looking, even though he eats glitter glue?

I walked to my desk and I took notice that the lights were already on, another thing I learned, is that they are suppose to stay on 24/7, no matter what. But if there is a problem and the lights go out, there are back up generators in the play structures to light them back up. Now, I didn't know why this was a rule - but when Sundrop had told me, he sounded very. . .scared.

I placed my purse on my desk chair while glancing around for Sundrop, or Moondrop, but preferably Sundrop.

"Sundrop! You here?"
I walked further into the daycare and continued looking around for either of the twins.
"Anyone?"

I recieved no answer.

I huffed and put a hand on my hip with my eyebrows furrowed.
"Where are those two...?"
I asked aloud to myself.

I was about to turn around to keep looking, but spotted a head peaking out from behind a play structure. I didn't get a good look at the person or thing, because it moved away just as my eyes landed on it.

From the looks of it, it was too tall to be a child, so I figured it must have been Sundrop or Moondrop probably crouching - cause it was also too small for it to be either one of them standing up at their full height.

"Sundrop? Was that you?"
I let my hand fall from my hip and my face became a more fearful expression than confused.

"Moondrop...? . . .look, if this is another one of your tricks to scare me it's not going to work!"
I tried to speak confidently, but it was slipping.

Just as I was about to round the same corner the mystery person had, a familiar blond woman rounded the corner quickly. Like she had been running, for some reason.

I jumped back and let out a small scream.

"Oh! Sorry, Y/N! I didn't mean to scare you,"
Vanessa apologized.