Alive

Nyx

I opened my eyes. He was alive, Tony was alive. Thanos failed in killing anyone I cared about, but the danger Tony was in way over yet.

"Mrs. Coulson should I patch Pepper Potts through," I gasped, "yes immediately!"

I completely forgot that I had Jarvis contacting Pepper.

"Hello," I was relieved, "Pepper? It's me, Nyx. Are you alright?"

"No. I can't even be sure Tony is alive. Not to mention the woman who showed up on my door step. It's not a coincidence that she appeared the day someone blew up Tony's house! I, I don't know what to do," I had to calm her down, "he's alive, Pepper."

"What," I smiled, "I had a little help, but I promise you he is alive. I plan on going and finding him. I promise. Now what about the woman with you?"

"Her name is Maya Hansen, she met Tony thirteen years ago I think. She says she was here for Tony's help. I don't fully trust her." I wouldn't either.

Not with the explosion happening the same time she arrived.

"Do you need me to come to you? Just say the word and I'll come listen to her thoughts," I heard an irritated voice, "no. You go help Tony. I've got myself covered here. Please make sure he's okay, Nyx. I can't lose him."

I heard a noise. I looked over and saw Loki. I felt the same way. However I hated leaving Pepper on her own. Tony would want her safe first and foremost.

"I get it Pepper, but you know Tony feels the same way. New York did a lot of damage Pepper. He fears that any day those aliens will come back, worse that he won't be strong enough to protect you. He's not the only one living with that fear Pepper. So are you sure you don't need me?" I felt the same way about Loki.

Yes, he had caused damage here on Earth, but not by his own hands. I still know if Thanos hadn't gotten his hands on him he would still be the Loki I grew up with. The one that was less likely to try to take over an entire planet.

"I'm sure. Please stick with Tony, Nyx. He hasn't been himself. He's scared Nyx, I'll be okay. You just keep him safe." I bit my lip.

I still didn't like the idea of just leaving Pepper with that woman. It felt like a bad idea.

"Alright Pepper. If you need me and your near any piece of technology let me know. Call my name, I'll have Jarvis listening," I heard Pepper exhale in relief, "thank you, Nyx. Stay safe."

That's all I could offer. It's at least something. I wasn't leaving Pepper without a resource.

I grit my teeth, "you too, Pepper."

I hung up.