Departure

Nyx

I pulled away from the suit. It had been awhile and I was exhausted. The suit was almost completely charged. I needed a break. I had pushed myself to much charging the suit.

"Nyx," my vision began to blur, "I'm okay Nyk."

Shit.

I stumbled backwards. Loki caught me.

"Is she okay?" I felt really tired.

"Nyx?" I shook my head.

"I'm fine. I just, I need a minute." The world started to spin.

"Nyx!" My vision turned black.

•••

I opened my eyes. I wasn't on Midgard anymore and this wasn't Asgard either. I didn't seem to be anywhere. It was white all around me. I didn't know where I was so I wasn't going to move from where I was. I didn't want to end up lost and I didn't know what dangers awaited me here.

"What do you want with me? Who are you?" The scenery changed.

I was in Asgard all of a sudden. I didn't understand what this place was or why I was here. The only thing I was sure of was I needed to get out of here.

"Show yourself or I shall find you and end you! Release me from this place!" A feminine chuckle echoed through the air.

"You haven't changed my sweet daughter. Always ready to fight and defend." My mother appeared.

What? How was she here? This can't be real. She died. I wasn't dead, was I?

"Send me back! Now! Before I kill you! My mother is dead!" I didn't have weapons, but I knew how to fight.

If it came to a fight I would be ready. A large bellow sounded through the area.

"You are definitely my daughter," the woman smiled at me, "you wear my mother's face well. However, you are not my mother. She is in Valhalla where she belongs. So I'll ask again only once. Who are you?"

Her smile didn't vanish, "you are wise for your years Little One. You're right, I am not your mother. Perhaps I should take the form of another."

Gone was my mother and in her place Loki. I was tired of her games.

"WHO ARE YOU? I WILL NOT ASK ANYMORE! EITHER ANSWER ME OR PREPARE TO DIE!!" I was tired of this game.

"I see. You are protective of this man. You have been through many trials, little one. It is time that you know who I am." What?

I didn't have time for this. I needed to get back to him. Every moment I was away he was at risk.

"I know you are eager to return to the man you love, but it is time that you know who I am," the person in front of me changed again, "I am the Traveler. Your kind has served me for eons. You are the last in this realm. I have come because you have a very dangerous road ahead of you. You have encountered an enemy that is targeting you and I am here to help."
Here to help?

I found myself really angry.

"Oh, now you're here to help. You come after he took someone from me? You come after he's already harmed another I care about? Why couldn't you show up then?! Why couldn't you appear before Phil died!?" I tried to swing at the god.

Bad idea. It caught my wrist. My whole body hurt. I felt a heavy pressure and I fell to the ground.

"I will overlook such actions. You are hesitant to trust me. You're hurting because of your loss. I understand child, but I am here to help you. I have a gift for you. It will be incredibly painful to accept, but it will help you prevent those you love from dying. Are you ready?" Fear spread through my body.