Loki

Nyx

I spun around too late or so I thought. Loki was in front of me. As Loki. His disguise was gone. I looked up at the suit in front of him.The suit wasn't just Jarvis. It was actually Tony. He was angry. Shit. I used my powers and flung him backwards. I wouldn't let him hurt Loki, or let Loki hurt him. I was the one he was angry at. I'd let him take it out on me. I stepped between Tony and Loki.

"How could you," the disappointment in his voice stung, "you brought that monster with you?! Is this who you have been watching?"

There was a patter of footsteps. Pepper was safe. That was a relief. She was surprised to see Loki, which was understandable.

"I had no choice, Tony. He was the only one available." That made him even more angry.

"Available!? You've been guarding the bastard who destroyed New York?! Does Clint know? Does anyone know?!" I bit the inside of my cheek.

"Fury is aware. He is here because I am responsible for him. He was my charge. My failure is the reason why Thanos got to him. Why Killian got to you and Pepper. So yes, Tony. I've been guarding him because it is my duty to protect him and to protect Midgard from him. I couldn't do that from Asgard. So I bound his magic and he is who I have been babysitting." I kept my head held high.

I wouldn't back down. I did what I knew I had to do. I saw his legion of suits gather behind him. I was ready for anything he would do. I was also a little scared. I glanced at Pepper. She was torn.

"What about what he did to Phil?! He killed your father and you still protect him?!" My eyes began to burn.

I blinked away my tears.

"You think I have a choice?! He was my father! Loki was my best friend! I failed to protect Loki and because of my failure he was mind controlled by a being who will one day come for all of us! It is Thanos's fault Phil is dead! I keep Loki here because he is the only connection we have to Thanos! I know what he did to Phil and I miss him. I always will, but that doesn't mean I won't be objective! Loki is the only link to Thanos, but he is my friend! I will not turn my back on someone whose actions were not his OWN! I will do whatever I must for those I care about even if one day they hate me. I will live with my consequences Tony. One day I will have to face those consequences. I know that. I am ready for that day! So hate me, be angry! I don't care! I don't care who you tell, but I wasn't going to abandon someone I love! Not after losing so many people I love!" I was shaking.

I was angry, afraid. I didn't want to lose anyone, but I knew that I might. Not just because of Thanos. My involvement with Loki was always going to be a problem with the people I now called family. I felt the tears slide down my face. I felt Loki prodding my mind telepathically. I didn't let him in. I didn't want him in my head right now.

"You are no longer welcome around myself or Pepper," I grit my teeth, "Tony!"

I knew that was coming. It hurt though.

"No, Pepper! She knew how we would react! She kept this from us. This is her punishment. She will reap what she sowed when she chose him over us." I glanced at the ground.

I pulled the earbud containing Jarvis. I held my hand out to Pepper. She reached forward and grabbed it from my hand.

"I'm sorry." I turned away.

I couldn't face them any longer. I grabbed Loki's hand and walked away only to be met with the rest of Tony's suits.

Is he really going to hurt me?

I swallowed my fear and turned back to Tony.

"You should understand better than anyone Tony," I glanced at Pepper, "we do stupid things to protect those we love. I don't care who you tell in the Avengers. You've made up your mind. I'm just as much an enemy as Loki is, but I've lost enough Tony. I've gained, but I've still lost. I'm not going to abandon the man I love because he did something that any of us are capable of doing. We lost our parents, we decided to be better for them. We became heroes. I could've gone the other way. I could've been worse than Loki. I could've been the one leading an alien army to Midgard. I could've been your worst nightmare, Tony. It's not black and white, Tony. It's not good or bad. It's not so simple. There is so much gray, Tony. There always will be, no matter the situation. So let us pass." He had a hard look on his face.

Please, Tony. It's hard enough.

His face gave a bit. My eyes began to water.

This isn't easy for me either. It never will be. I see him everyday, Tony. I see him killing Phil everyday. I may be protecting him and the people of Earth from him, but I'm also punishing myself, Tony.

His brows were furrowed.

This is my punishment, Tony. I failed to protect him on Asgard all those years ago. I failed Asgard, I failed everyone. I'm still failing them. So please let us go. Please?

I felt Loki's hand on my arm. I looked up at him. He looked uncomfortable. I smiled.

It's okay, Loki. Everything will be okay.

He didn't look convinced, "stay away from us. I see you or him. I won't hesitate to end either of you."

Loki

I watched Nyx flinch. She didn't say anything back to him. I glanced at the Man of Iron. Then I glanced at the woman next to him. Pepper was her name. She looked conflicted.

"LEAVE!" Nyx gripped onto me.

I saw the guilt on her face. Her whole body was tense.

Let's go, Loki. It's for the best.

She was sad. Hurting. Guilty. I wasn't going to stand idly by while she sacrificed everything for me.

"You are foolish, Man of Iron. Nyx loves and cares about you and her comrades. She has done everything in her power to keep you both safe. I admit my actions in New York were less than desirable, but I am trying. I could've killed you today when I arrived disguised as Nyx, but do you know why I didn't?" The Man of Iron scoffed at me.

"This should be good," I held Nyx tightly against me, "Nyx did everything she could to help you today. She pushed herself to the point of exhaustion. She blacked out on myself and the boy, Harley. I was so scared for her. The last time Nyx did that was with the scepter. Before that it was on Asgard. She gives her all for those she loves because if asked she would move whatever stood in her way to protect those she loves."

Nyx hadn't spoken. She clutched onto me. The Man of Iron was silent. Lady Pepper tried to step forward, but the Man of Iron didn't allow her to.

"Leave, before I change my mind." Nyx sobbed against my chest.

We were back at the house. Nyx screamed into my chest. I slid down to the ground with her and held her. I would be here for as long as she needed me. For as long as she would keep me around.