Episode 1

Ryan's POV

I never thought I would see the day where I am on the Challenge, but here I am. The funniest thing about this whole situation is that no one but Liv and Justin know that I am on here. I remember the conversation with Justin vividly and know why my brother chose him as his storyline producer. Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. I am Ryan Isaac Price, the youngest brother to one of the baddest Reality TV competition show competitors to ever exist and the current four-time repeat champion. 

Did I feel bad for not telling my brother I was going to be on? Yeah, but I want to experience for myself the show that made my brother a better person and changed his life. I was on Love Island US with my amazing partner, Olivia Kaiser, and we had an instant connection. It was not a romantic connection, but something far greater and more important to me than anything: genuine friendship. Liv always laughs when I say she is my first true friend I ever had but I am serious. Even before Syn was Syn, I had a hard time making friends who liked me for me because I played rugby in Australian most of my college career.

The guys on my team always joked about how I was the newbie from the States who got lucky and my friends from university always gave me shit for not being able to go out and party. It's hard studying psychology and business administration while also being a full-time athlete. Anyways, I look over at Liv as we walk up to finally meet the man responsible for me saying yes: Justin.

Justin: Hi Liv, Ryan. Great to finally meet you two in person. Gotta say, this is weird.

Ryan: Why?

Liv: Because Syn isn't here?

Justin: Yeah. He would have loved this: being on the show with his brother and best friend. 

Ryan: Well Syn is currently finishing up a secret project and is sad he couldn't be here.

Justin: Me too.

Liv: How come we are not arriving at the house?

Ryan: Are we a twist?

Justin: Observant, I like it. So you are and you aren't.

Liv: Elaborate.

Justin: We had two pairs show up and both males in the pairings tested positive so we were out two teams. 

Ryan: So we are one of two replacement teams?

Justin: Yessir. The other team is Nam and his partner.

Liv: Who did we replace?

Justin: Aneesa and her partner and Kaycee and her brother.

Ryan (DR): Really? This feels like Big Brother All Stars 2 all over again. 

Liv: Ryan, isn't that what happened with Syn on Big Brother?

Justin: Oh yeah. I forgot about that. Anyways, you both are about to compete in the first daily challenge so get ready. If you need anything throughout the season, please feel free to find me. I'll do anything within my power.

Ryan: We have a question before you go. 

Justin: Shoot.

Ryan: Is Syn's music room here this year?

Justin: We built it in case Syn was able to join us this season. You can use it anytime you want.

Ryan: Thanks Justin.

Liv: Thank you!

Justin: Good luck!

Justin walks away and I turn to Liv and she squeezes my hand. It was one of the ways we kept each other calm in the villa and it really helps me remind myself to breathe, take in my surroundings, and enjoy the moment. TJ calls us out and it is surreal to finally meet the man that my brother just raves about. I look around and see Tori and Devin and get excited because I know them through Syn and they have been very helpful in dealing with the aftermath of my season of Love Island.