Episode 5

We just arrived back from Tommy and Analyse's elimination and it feels like nothing has changed since the house targets are still Laurel and Jakk and Colleen and Kim. Michele and Jay are right there as well since they have shown their true colors this whole season. Before I go to bed, I am told that I have an important phone call to make. I meet up with Justin who directs me to the music room.

Justin: Syn, as you know, you have a phone call coming in for you from Greg Berlanti.

Syn: I already know what it is going to be about.

Justin: You do?

Syn: Yeah. He is asking if I want to continue filming or not.

Justin: Well, do you?

Syn: I don't know. I love both my Titans family and Flash family, but I feel like it is my time to walk away from both. I feel like I have done everything I can for both shows. Plus, with everything else going on, it would either be giving up both shows or giving up the Challenge.

Justin: Is that why you said no at first?

Syn: Mainly. I initially blamed it on writer's block, but being here, I realized that I was upset because I felt like I had made the wrong dec...

Greg: Syn, you there?

Syn: Hey Greg. How's it going?

Greg: Good, but I am not sure you are. What's going on?

Syn: I know this is my last season of the Flash, but I am not sure if I want to come back to Titans.

Greg: Is this because of Curran?

Syn: A little bit. Think about it: My whole time in the DCU has been with him and now him not being there makes me feel...

Greg: Empty.

Syn: Yeah.

Greg: Listen, I'm not going to lie and say it won't be a burden for all of us here, but remember what I told you when you first came here after accepting the role?

Syn: I am part of the family and I would be loved no matter what?

Greg: Exactly. It's not going to change anything, Sy. Think about the move and I will wait to hear back from you.

Syn: Thanks Greg. I appreciate it.

Greg: Anytime. For right now, go kick ass and bring home a win for the DCU!

Syn: Plan on it sir.

I hang up the phone and just sit there for a while. Greg and his team gave me the opportunity of a lifetime that has changed my world forever. However, because of the opportunity the Flash and Titans has given me, I get to do what I want and for a while now, I think I like doing music full-time and acting part time because music can be done anywhere. The pandemic and becoming a parent has made me reprioritize my life and realize I do not want to be away from my family for so long.

I know it sounds ungrateful, but I feel like I have done my time on television and it is time to hang it up. I want to give myself until after the daily to figure it out exactly what I want to do. I leave the music room and join the others in the house. I try to not give away that I am going through shit right now but I can tell Ryan and Tor are not buying it. Before they can ask me what is going on, Jay pulls me aside for a quick chat.

Jay: Syn. Man, are we good?

Syn: You did tell people when I wasn't here that you were glad that I wasn't here.