ೃ⁀➷xiii. ʜᴏɢᴡᴀʀᴛs ɪs ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴛᴇɴᴇᴅ

————————————

————————————

HARRY HAD JUST finished explaining what he saw from Tom Riddle's diary. Ron, ( Y/N ) and Hermione didn't believe it since they knew Hagrid wasn't the kind of person to hurt people. ( Y/N ) wasn't trusting this Riddle guy, it was just something about him that didn't settle right with her.

And this monster that was lying in the Chamber, it must've been what she saw in the bath back at the lab. She wasn't sure before, but now from Harry's new description, it had to be. She wanted to waited before telling them to keep the three of them safe and out of danger.

"It can't be Hagrid," Hermione shook her head.

"We don't even know this Tom Riddle," Ron cut in. "He sounds like a dirty, rotten snitch to me."

"Bad men?" ( Y/N ) spoke up.

Ron nodded. "And who knows, Harry? He could be one of the bad men."

"The monster had killed somebody, Ron," Harry shifted his feet to face Ron. "What would any of us have done?"

"Look, Hagrid's our friend. Why don't we just go and ask him about it?" Hermione suggested.

"That would be a cheerful visit," Ron perked up. "Hello, Hagrid. Tell us, have you setting anything mad and hairy loose in the castle lately?"

"Mad and hairy?" The four gasped and turned around to see the half-giant Hagrid behind them.

"You wouldn't be talking about me, now, would you?" Hagrid chuckled.

"No."

Harry noticed Hagrid carrying g a large bottle. "W-what's that you've got, Hagrid?"

"Oh, it's,uh, Flesh-Eating Slug Repellent," Hagrid replied. "For the Mandrakes, you know? Oh, accord to Professor Sprout, they've still got a bit of growing up to do."

"But once their acne's cleared up we'll be able to chop them up and stew them, and then we'll get those people down at the hospital un-petrified. In the meantime, though, you four had best be looking after yourselves. Alright?"

The four nodded and Hagrid left before saying hello to Neville, who came rushing out of the halls in a panic. "Harry, I don't know who did it, but you'd better come."

————————————

NEVILLE LEAD THE four to the dormitory which was in complete shambles. There was glass everywhere, crumbled up pieces of paper, pillow cases ripped up with the feathers flying out and Tom Riddle's diary was gone. Whoever was in here must've been looking for it.

They looked around at the mess and Harry went down to check if Tom's diary wasn't hiding in the pile of mess, but it wasn't their either.

"It had to be a Gryffindor," Hermione stated. "Nobody else knows our password. Unless it wasn't a student."

"Whoever it was, they must've been looking for something,"

Harry placed a book back on the floor. "And they found it. Tom Riddle's diary is gone."

————————————

ONCE HARRY GOT back from his cancelled match, Mcgonagall found ( Y/N ) and Ron wandering around the halls after getting out of a class, looking for Hermione. Professor Mcgonagall lead the trio into the hospital wing, which got ( Y/N ) worried wondering what happened to Hermione.

"I warn you. This could be a wee bit of a shock," Mcgonagall warned as they stepped closer to the hospital bed.

Some of the beds in the hospital wing had a barrier around them so no one would see the petrified students. They stopped on their tracks and gasps escaped their mouths as they saw a petrified Hermione lying in her hospital bed.

Hermione's eyes were wide open with one arm up like she was holding something before she fell and another arm to her side. Madame Profmey was besides her, looking down with a frown on her face.

"Hermione," Ron breathed out.

"She was found near the library... along with this," Mcgonagall picked up a mirror that was on the nightstand. "Does it mean anything to either you?"

"No," Harry shook his head.

He stepped forward and they looked down at their petrified friend. This wasn't the Hogwarts ( Y/N ) first saw when she came out of the woods a few months ago. It definitely wasn't.

————————————

"COULD I have your attention, please?"

The chatter died down and the Gryffindor students turned their attention over to Mcgonagall who came with a piece of parchment in her hand for the new rules that would be set in place due to the Chamber of Secrets fiasco.

"Because of recent events, these new rules will be put into effect immediately," Mcgonagall said.

She walked further into the common room, opened up the piece of parchment and began reading the security measures so no one else would get petrified or just get put in danger.

"All students will return to their house common rooms by 6 o'clock every evening," She continued. "All students will be escorted to each lesson by a teacher. No exception."

Mcgonagall closed the parchment. "I should tell you this; Unless the culprit behind these attacks is caught... it is likely the school will be closed."