ೃ⁀➷xvii. ʙᴀᴛᴛʟɪɴɢ ʜɪᴍ

————————————

————————————

"YOU.." Harry breathed out as he looked at the fiery letters burn away in front of him. Ron told ( Y/N ) stories about Voldemort, but told her that if anyone asked about him it's they call him You Know Who. Though, she never thought she'd actually meet him. "You're the Heir of Slytherin."

He turned to Harry, a light smirk forming on his features. The few letters that were left sizzled away, smoke hovered up from behind Tom.

"You're Voldemort.

"Surely, you didn't think I was going to keep my filthy Muggle father's name?" Tom scoffed. "No. I fashioned myself a new name, a name I knew wizards everywhere would one day fear to speak when I became the greatest sorcerer in the world."

"Albus Dumbledore is the greatest sorcerer in the world,"

"Dumbledore's been driven out of this castle by the mere memory of me,"

"He'll never be gone," Harry stated. "Not as long as those who remain are loyal to him."

Just then, screeching came from the distance. A red, golden and orange bird came flying down towards them with a package clutched beneath their feet. The bird dropped the package in Harry's and flew away making the same noise as the one he did when he flew in.

Harry opened the bag and it revealed to be the Sorting Hat from Dumbledore's office. Harry frowned in confusion while Tom scoffed, and ( Y/N ) wondered what that was.

Tom scoffed. "So this is what Dumbledore sends his great defenders?"

"A songbird and an old had."

Tom walked to the statue of Salazar Slytherin and lifted his arm. He started speaking in Parseltongue, just like Harry did to open the Chamber's door. A rumbling noise came from the statue and dust started falling as the doorway to the beast hiding in the Chamber opened.

"Let's match the power of Lord Voldemort, Heir of Salazar Slytherin against the famous Harry Potter,"

Snarling came from inside and a large head popped out from the small entrance. Harry and ( Y/N ) took this as a sign to runaway, but fell in the process. The creature was big, slimy and green like a snake. Before the snake could cause harm, Fawkes flew in and started fighting back, blinding the basilisk.

"No!" Tom exclaimed. "Your bird may have blinded the Basilisk, but it can still hear you."

The Basilisk twisted and turned, but heard Harry stepping on the stone floor. His eyes went wide and the two went running away with the Basilisk chasing behind them. The snake blasted its head through rock, giving Harry and ( Y/N ) some time to run away.