ೃ⁀➷ xxiii. ᴡᴇʀᴇᴡᴏʟᴠᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ꜱᴇᴄʀᴇᴛꜱ

————————————

————————————

SEVERUS SNAPE WAS not the kind of person you'd take for a joke or even try to mess with for that matter. A few words to describe him would be cold, calculating, precise, sarcastic, and bitter. But there's always a reason for that, you just have to look really... really deep.

Laughter filled the classroom that was once Professor Lupin's. Professor Snape pulled out his wand, closing the shutters on then windows as he walked by.

He pulled down a white board before turning to the class. "Turn to page three hundred ninety four."

Everyone did as he said, but all Harry had on his mind was Professor Lupin.

"Excuse me, sir," Harry spoke up. "Where's Professor Lupin?"

"That's not really your concern, is it, Potter?" Snape sneered. "Suffice it to say that your professor finds himself incapable of teaching at the present time."

Snape drifted towards the back of the classroom where an old roll of film had a slideshow prepared for the class. "Turn to page three hundred ninty-four."

In the middle of the classroom, he spotted Ron dozing off and not on the correct page. He pulled out his wand once again and commanded the pages to flow to the right one. He watched as Ron jumped in his seat, his eyes widened at the subject they were learning.

"Werewolves?" Ron gasped.

Hermione turned. "But, sir, we've just begun learning about Red Caps and Hinkypunks. We're not meant to start nocturnal beasts for weeks."

"Quiet."

"When did she get here? Did you see her come in?" Ron inquired.

"Now, which one of you can tell me the difference between an Animagus and a werewolf?" Snape wondered.

The class was silent, except for Hermione who immediately sprung her hand up in the air.

"No one? How disappointing," Snape sighed.

"Please, sir. Animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal," Hermione informed. "A werewolf had no choice. With each full moon, when he transforms, he no longer remembers who he is. He'd kill his best friend if he crossed his path."

The slideshow changed. "Furthermore, the werewolf only responds to the call of its own kind."

Draco howled with a smirk on his features, getting a chuckle out of Crabbe. But Hermione paid him no mind, keeping her attention on the board.