ೃ⁀➷ xxii. ᴍɪꜱꜱɪɴɢ ʜᴇʀ ʜᴏᴍᴇ

————————————

————————————

"INTRIGUING, ISN'T IT?"

The third year's stood before a dresser, and a rusty one at that. If they knew Lupin, they knew he had something up his sleeve for this lesson. The dresser started shaking, like something was something was trapped inside, eager to come out.

"Would anyone like to venture a guess as to what is inside?" Lupin asked.

A student raised their hand. "That's a Boggart, sir."

"Now, can anybody tell me what a Boggart looks like?"

Everyone stood in their spot, frozen. Just staring at the dresser. Before Ron knew it, Hermione was standing besides him, her hair in a bun ready to explain something to the class. Ron's eyes widen at the Granger girl's presence. What the? He thought to himself. "No one knows."

"When'd she get here?" Ron inquired.

"Boggarts are shape-shifters," Hermione informed the class. "They take the shape of whatever a particular person fears most. That's what makes them so..."

"So terrifying. Yes. Yes, yes, yes," Lupin nodded, drifting towards the Boggart. "Luckily, a very simple charm exists to repel a Boggart."

"Let's practice it now."

The Boggart continued thudding and shaking. No one could tell, from behind the door another old "student" was watching it all, peaking from behind the door. It was ( Y/N ). A light smile appeared on her features, spotting Harry, Hermione and Don in the crowd of students.

Harry felt like someone was watching him. He couldn't tell if it was the Dementors again or his scar. He frowned in confusion and turned around. But before he could see anyone, the person was gone. Harry shrugged, turning his attention back to Professor Lupin.

But someone else might've.

"Uh, without wands, please," Professor Lupin added. "After me: Riddikulus."

"Riddikulus!" The class repeated.

"Riddikulus," ( Y/N ) muttered before drifting away in fear of someone seeing her.

Professor Lupin nodded. "A little louder, and very clear. Listen. Riddikulus!"

"Riddikulus!"

Draco rolled his eyes. "This class is ridiculous."

"Very good," Lupin smiled. "Well, so much for the easy part. You see, the incantation alone is not enough."