One:

The woman walked around her apartment as she brushed her teeth. Using her white manicured nail to scratch her head through her bonnet, she yawns as she makes her way back to the bathroom.

Once she spits the foamy toothpaste into the sink, she hears her phone ding next to her and eyes the text.

🐼: The files came in.

Wiping her mouth, she picks up her phone and opened her messaging app.

Me: How long is this job?

🐼: It's a long one.
🐼: We're looking at about six months.

Her eyes widen at the time span. Usually the jobs took no more than a few weeks to complete, but this was a six month job? She was curious on the pay, but she knows the woman won't tell her that information on the phone.

Me: Same spot?

🐼: As usual.

She planned on spending the day at the library and indulging herself in a good book while she watches the sexy librarian from the adult literary section.

She leaves her bathroom and goes into her room, walking directly to her closet. Entering the large walk-in closet and looks at the hangers to her right that hung all her fancy blouses.

Figuring out what to wear wasn't unknown. It was four in the evening and she knows that job assignment was always a special occasion.

She walks further inside and looks at all her gowns and dresses for fancy and high-class events. Deciding to go with simple, but elegant, she grabs the black silk spaghetti strapped dress.

Her brown eyes light up at the cool feeling of the silk as she folds the dress over her arm. Knowing her best friend, the meeting wouldn't start until eight so that left her with time to go to her hair stylist.

She grabs a gold pair of heels and exits the closet and slides the door closed.

━ ◦ ❖ ◦━

"Good evening Miss Lady." The older smiles, entwining her fingers and clasping her hands together as she looked at her best friend.

"These must be important jobs. I don't remember the last time I dressed this posh." The younger comments.

"It is important." She agrees, "It's also a big one." The woman looks at her friends face and observes the conceding look, "Gabby? Are you alright?"

She didn't even know she was deep in thought. Gabby nods her head, "No, I'm fine. I was just thinking about how long this task is."

"It is a long job, but I assure you, the money is worth it." She holds up the two manila folders. The restaurant wasn't as packed tonight as it was a Thursday evening. Usually she is secretive about information like this, but she knows that this is a safe place.

The waiter approached their tables and he smiles at them, "Good evening, are you ladies needing anything?"

"Are you on the menu?" The older flirts making the man, who looked to be about mid-twenties, blush at the cheeks. His eyes glance lower and notice the crease of her breasts and he gulps. He looks back up at her eyes, dark brown orbs staring at him as if he was prey.

"I—I—"

She then burst out into laughter, "I'm only joking," she tells him, looking him up and down, "You must be new. Where is our regular?"

"He—uh—he is sick today. So I'm here in his place." He stutters, nerves eating up his whole body. The woman could tell he was lying by his frantic state.