Nine:

The woman was brushing her teeth when she heard her phone ring in her bedroom. Spitting into the sink, she rinses her toothbrush and taps it against the basin before dropping it in her metal pink cup holder.

Leaving her bathroom and going into her bedroom, she spots her phone and her eyes lighten, "Good morning. I'm taking you have some news for me?"

"I had to call five different hospitals. So you're welcome," He gripes before explaining, "The hospital that she was admitted to wouldn't give me her information willingly so..."

"Aw, did Tsukki get impatient and hack into their database?" She chuckles as she sits onto her rose-gold colored bed. She knows he tries to stay away from committing crimes, but if he needs to do something he'll get it done. She hears him scoff, "Do you want the information or not?"

"Yes please."

"I sent you a copy to your burner email but it looks like it checks out. She was in a boating accident and suffered trauma on the top of her skull. Though," His auric eyes scan over the printed document, "Nothing mentions anything about memory loss."

"So she's lying about it?" Miah concludes. Tsukki makes a sound of disagreement.

"Not necessarily. She was admitted to Bayview Hospital. I don't know much about the hospital itself, but they've have a lot of wrongful diagnoses. Something as simple as a rash they coded it as monkey pox. An allergy was coded as pneumonia."

"Yikes." Miah cringes. "So there is a chance she does have it but they didn't diagnose it?"

"Possibly. They do have an X-ray on file, but there are some stricter restrictions on obtaining it. Would take me until...Friday at the latest to get it. I'll be able to check the cat scan on her temporal lobes to be the deciding factor in whether she actually has amnesia or not." He explains, placing the paper on the table he was sitting at.

Miah sighs. Waiting until the end of the week was going to be stressful. She rather call the woman out right now before she tries to manipulate Sugawara further. "Okay, when you figure it out give me a call please."

"Will do."

Miah ends the call with Tsukishima and falls back in her bed, keeping her arms spread out. "If I can't find out right away, I'll just have to drag it out of her."

• • •

As he was waiting for his afternoon class to arrive, he was looking through the essays that he had his last class turn in. These past few days, he was kind of free-balling with his lessons so he just thought of a simple writing project.

Between dealing with his wife and Deija, he didn't really know what to do. Part of him wants to run to Miah and tell her but he was so ashamed he rather not involve her in this.

He was kind of over the professor and student relationship and with his wife potentially struggling with memory loss, he just didn't have time to satisfy her fantasies.

Sugawara had texted Deija last Thursday and said he was done with the relationship. He was polite about it and thanked her for listening to him rant and pleasing him but he just wasn't interested anymore.

As he stacked the documents, a small pink slip falls out onto his desk and he tilts his head. Picking up the small note, his hazel eyes read the neatly written cursive.

"If you leave me, I'll tell your wife and the school you raped me. Stay after today and we can...talk."

-D

His eyes widen as he should have suspected this. Leaning his head on his hands, he groans. This was really the last thing he needed. Pulling out his phone he sends a text to Miah.