Thirteen:

Elegant. Classy. Dignified.

Those were the first words to enter her mind as she stared at the window in awe. She's been to this hotel before, but it was usually just plain and modern.

A deep red and gold carpet let from the beginning of the sidewalk to the the entrance of the luxurious hotel building. It was almost like a light emporium when it was night time. It matched the busy city life and was in tune to its surroundings.

"Wow..." She mutters under her breath. The boy huffs from the back seat, "It's not that special. It's just boring adults talking."

"So that's why you faked sick last year?" His father muses, making the boy pout, "No dad, I really was sick."

Gabby giggles at the two's interaction before gazing back out the window. Her stomach begins to churn at the truth she learned a few days ago.

The two of them are so happy and to think...they are just brothers. She knows Kuro loves him as he was his own but that's because in his mind he is his own.

Then the poor baby. Not only lost his mother, but his real father is a horrible man. His grandfather who he loves so much was the one who took his mother from him. He would be alone if it weren't for Kuro. Maybe Natsuki did a good thing by not telling Kuro.

She turns to face the man who was chatting idly with Tatsuya. She smiles a bit because she realizes the two wouldn't be as close if he did know. He might hate Tatsuya if he found out the truth.

She wouldn't want to ruin their relationship.

The valet walks up to Kuro's door as the tall man opens it, "Good evening sir." He spoke with a smile. Kuro nods to him and hands him the key fob to the vehicle. Kuro walks around and reaches the passenger side and opens Gabby's and Tatsuya's door at the same time and the woman blushes.

Maybe chivalry isn't dead.

"Thank you—" She was cut off by him grabbing her hand and helping her step out of the SUV. She holds her dress with her right hand and steps down onto the red carpet. In the moment, she felt like she was royalty.

This is all she's wanted in her life. Even if this is just for a moment, all she's worked for made her feel like she deserved it. With the death of her parents, then her becoming a prostitute and then having Miah save her from that she felt like this was her gift from having such a troubled life.

"Why are you crying, are you okay?" She hears Tatsuya ask her and she wipes her eyes. She didn't even know she was. "Oh—sorry. I'm fine. Was just thinking about something." She sniffles, quickly fixing her face.

Tatsuya grabs her hand and he smiles up at her, "It will be okay. This place makes me wanna cry too." He jokes and Gabby laughs at his attempt to make her feel better.

"You're so funny."

Kuro meets up with the two and wraps his arm around her waist. He looks down to his son, "She's my date, not yours." He tells him almost childishly.

The boy sticks his tongue out at him and Gabby thinks they act just like brothers but she realizes that really is the case. She feels like it comes natural and even though they both aren't aware, they can't help but to bicker like siblings.

The three enter the lobby of the hotel and Kuro points to the sign on the left that read "Ballroom 3".

"That's where the gala is held. I can check us in. You'll have your own room and Tatsu and I will have ours." He tells her, motioning her over to the front desk.

"We aren't sharing a room?"

He leans down to her ear, hot breath tickling her earlobe, "Trust me, I wouldn't be able to hold back." He leans back up and chuckles, "Didn't need to corrupt the boy."