Twenty One

The woman sat on the hard and uncomfortable bed, leaning her back up against the dirty concrete wall. She's been keeping track of time and it's been thirty-two hours.

"They're behind schedule..." she thought. Just as she was getting ready to complain, a prison guard walks up to her cell. "Miah? Please collect your bedding. You're checking out."

"Finally." She huffs as she climbs off the mattress, dusting off her orange jumpsuit. She will never admit it out loud, but orange just isn't a good look on her.

Even thought it's only been over a day, jail was a horrible place and someone like her didn't belong there. If anything, it was even more of a reason she wanted to stop.

No one really messed with her even though she was a newbie, but she did run into one woman who was giving her some trouble. Miah decided to strike a deal with her and said that she would give money to her struggling family if she left her alone and the girl of course wasn't buying that.

There wasn't much Miah could do to prove it as she was in jail, but she told the woman she promised and that she will get a phone call from her family that she sent them a check. So she was able to avoid getting beat up, but now she owes someone five hundred thousand.

She finished folding up the blankets and stacking the pillow before she walked over to where the guard was waiting for her. He unlocks the bars and she steps out. "Why am I being released?"

"You were cleared from suspicion of embezzlement and fraud. Also there was no trace that you were involved in cyber crimes. We found who we were looking for." She just nods at his answer and he brings her to the front where she saw her things from yesterday in a bin.

"No one stole anything did they? These cost more than your jobs." She commented making a female guard scoff, "Just grab your belongings and go change."

Miah huffs at the rude treatment of the guards, but she honestly knew they wouldn't be friendly. She grabs the buckets and follows another guard to another room where he leaves her in there to get dressed.

Putting her clothes on, she finds her phone and jewelry in a plastic bag. Stepping into her boot heels, she unpackaged her phone and tried to power the device on, but it was dead.

"They could have turned it off when they took it from me." She rolls her eyes, placing the phone in her the Burberry bag. Fully clothed and out of that orange atrocity, she puts on her thick khaki-colored trench coat and takes her purse from the bucket.

She places her sunglasses on before leaving the room, letting the guard escort her out of the room. As she was leaving, she heard shouting and screaming coming from the hallway to the left.

Turning her attention toward it, she sees the Asian woman thrashing in the arms of the police officers. "You got the wrong person! My name is Rema—not Hina! I was framed!"She denied.

As she flails around, she turns to see the brown skin woman standing there with a grin on her face. Her eyes widen before she glares, "You depressed and alcoholic whore! You did this!"

"I don't even know who you are." She commented, "But I know orange will look super cute on you. Take care." She smiles, waving as the other woman tries launching herself at her but is stopped by the guards.

"Your transportation is out front. We'll notify the guards to open the front gate. Just go down this hall." He instructs and she nods, not wanting to spend any more time inside the prison.

She walks down the hall, relief going over her body. It all worked out in the end, but she couldn't take all the credit. She knew her chances of getting arrested were high, but she didn't know how long she would be locked up.