Seventeen

"Mom wake up." The boy whispers, shaking the woman out of her sleep. She lazily opens one eye before rubbing her dry eyes. Blinking a few times, she sees the messy haired boy standing in front of her with pure glee in his eyes.

"Tatsu...it's..." she looks at the digital clock on the wall in front of her, "Seven-fifteen. What's the matter?"

"There's snow outside!" He beamed, running to the window of her bedroom. He moves the curtains and pulls the blinds apart and lo and behold, he was right.

Gabby saw the white sheet covering the once green grass. She couldn't tell how much snow it was, but it had to be at least two inches. She knew there would be snow, but her weather app said it was only a thirty percent chance.

"I'm surprised it snowed. It's only third day of December." She sighs, scratching her hair through the bonnet. The boy turns around to her, "Can we play in it?"

"In the snow? It's too cold for that. Wouldn't you rather sit by the fire and watch movies?" She insists and the boy gives her a flat look of boredom.

Groaning, she climbs out of bed. "Fine we can play in the snow. Just for a little bit."

"Yay! You're the best!" He exclaims, running out her room to change into the proper attire for the weather. Gabby only sighs as she looks out her window.

"Christmas is almost here. So is my graduation." She didn't think she was ready, but she was so happy to be done with school. She just had to push through these next couple of weeks and she will be home free.

Though, her mind was stuck on Kuro. She didn't know what to think but it was clear that he wanted and she wanted him. So now what?

She couldn't just take him from Melody. He is a married man and with a kid-brother. She didn't fit anywhere in that picture and she knows that it's gonna bring more drama.

Gabby releases a huff of breath before looking through her closet for some warm clothes. She used to play in the snow with her parents a lot when she was a kid and as much as she didn't want to, she knew it would make the young boy happy.

━ ◦ ❖ ◦━

"We need to get a carrot for the nose." Tatsuya tells her as he smooths out the snow around the snowman's head. Gabby was scooping snow up and patting it down at the base.

"I don't think we have a carrot. Let's use something else." Gabby tells him, looking around on the ground for an alternative.

Not finding anything she stands up and dusts the snow off her coat. "You get some rocks for his eyes and mouth and I will look for something."

He nods as he jumps up and runs to the fountain in the yard to dig for small rocks. The woman walks around the yard, looking for anything that can be used for the nose but she might have to go into the house to find something.

She makes her way to the door, but it opens before she could reach for the handle. Looking up, she was surprised to see Kuro wearing snow clothing as well.

She raises her eyebrow and he grins holds up a carrot. He must've gotten it from the chef's kitchen. She giggles as she steps aside and let's him walk out.

"It's a lot colder than I expected. The snow is still falling." He observed, tilting his head upward to the light gray sky. Gabby nods in agreement, "Tatsu wanted to play so I decide to come out."

"That boy..." he sighs, the white smoke leaving his lips. The two walk down from the porch and to the snowman. "What is this?"

"Never seen a snowman?" Gabby snickers and he sends her a playful glare. "Of course I have. I'm just saying this looks atrocious."