Three:

So how have you been?

I've been good.
You?

Could be better.
How's the family?

There was a lump that was caught in her throat. She shouldn't have responded to him. She should have just ignored him and went about her life.

Though, if he's reaching out to her after six years of not talking, something must be wrong.

It's good. We're all doing great.

I'm glad you're doing alright.
I need your help.

That's how she found herself at his house, pretending to be a nanny to his daughter. He was paying her well for the job and of course she had to hide this from her friend. She wouldn't be able to give this situation her undivided attention if she didn't have Gabby occupied as well.

Also the risk factor was too high. With a high chance of things going portly, she rather not involve Gabby, who was only knew to lifestyle. She was very analytical when it came to things like this and out of the eighteen months that she's been doing jobs like this, she has never seen the risk factor be at ninety-two percent.

She couldn't lie and say she wasn't nervous, but this was justified. This was for her best friend and she was going to try her damndest to help him.

She knocks on the door and waits for about a minute before the door swings open. Miah was glad she was wearing her sunglasses because if she wasn't, he'd see all the emotion she was bottling up behind her brown eyes.

It had been years since she seen him. She honestly forgot what he looked like and stared at him a lot longer than she would like to admit.

"Miah...you look..."

"Great. I know." She finishes for him, making herself at home and standing on the tile part of the floor. She removes her expensive heels and doing so drops her a head below the man.

He just chuckles and shuts the door, locking it back. "It's still early. Kiori isn't home from school yet."

"You know I'm not here to play actual nanny. I'm just here to get you out a situation you got yourself in." She reminds him, walking around the living room and observing the area.

It was quaint like she imagined. Basic brown suede couch with a matching rug. This spells lawyer scum all over it as she looks at some of the dying plants and cringing quote like "Live, Laugh, Love" on the wall.

Her eyes then fall onto the pictures on the wall. It was many family pictures. Just one of Suga and Rema on their wedding day, a few pictures of Rema and some of the daughter. The resemblance was kind of faint. She had long, black hair with brown eyes. She looked more like Rema, but the beauty mark under her eye was a clear sign that she was his.

"She looks so happy in that picture."

"She's not like that anymore." The man speaks up, walking up to Miah and looking at the picture, "She's depressed now?"

He nods. "She's okay for the most part but she's aware of what her mother is doing. Doesn't really talk to Rema unless she needs to."

Miah just nods, "Okay, let's talk. Have a seat." She points to the couch and begins making her way there. She sets her Burberry purse on the floor as he sits next to her, turning his body slightly to face her.

"Koushi..." She started. He noticed that her voice was much more soft and sincere. Mentally he's smiling at the memory of her when they first met in high school. A pretty and well-liked girl who was secretly shy around anyone that wasn't him or his best friend.