Tanjiro - Just a Tease

Y'know what, I woke up today and decided I was gonna continue this book. I have no regrets. :,)   -Your author with many unorganized thoughts. 

High school AU

——————————

My heels clicked on the waxed flooring of the school as I walked in the bustling hallway. There were student of all sorts at my school. Nerds, emos, you name it. I liked the school overall, just one problem. "Good morning Y/N" A very familiar voice spoke from behind me. I sighed, wanting to ignore him but I couldn't. "What do you want Tanjiro-san." I asked, already annoyed. The day was just beginning and this is one of many ways I've started a day. "I just want attention. And your makeup makes you look like a barbie doll."  The burgundy haired boy laughed. I scoffed at him. I rolled my eyes as I spoke to him. "I'm much prettier than most girls though, and I pull bitches too. I'm going to class, don't even try anything on me." 

"Aw, why don't you skip with me?" Tanjiro spoke cutely with a small pout. Okay, I've gotta admit, he's pretty cute when he does that. "Sorry, can't." I said with a small shrug before leaving. I continued to think about Tanjiro. He'd been doing this for a whole damn year. He's judged me on literally everything I do and have. I had finished my first class and re-entered the hallway to my locker. I felt a presence behind me, causing me to turn around. I internally groaned. It was Tanjiro. Before I could even speak, Tanjiro held me up by my wrist tightly. I winced at the pressure he put on me. "What do you want Kamado?!" I growled at him. 

"I just want to make your life miserable Y/N." Tanjiro whispered in my ear. I felt his hot breath against my neck, damn this guy needs help. He let go of my wrist, causing me to drop. It was a hard landing on my ass. I'm already used to it, I've struggled him for a year now, what's new at this point? I stood up, grabbed my stuff, and left. I heard people through the hallway ask me; "Y/N-san, are you okay?" Or say; "Tanjiro-san should be reported. I'm surprised he hasn't been reported yet." 

Two girls approached me in silence, before one with dark hair with orange on the ends spoke up. "Hey Y/N. I'm sorry about Tanjiro, he's my brother. He has this thing where he likes to tease others. He didn't normally do this." The girl spoke. Her voice was soft, compared to Tanjiro's. I nodded, not fully believing it. "I'm Kamado Nezuko by the way, and this is Tsuyuri Kanao. Sorry for being so sudden." The girl I now know as Nezuko bowed as she apologized to me. "No need to be so formal. I'm L/N Y/N, nice to meet you." I said with a small smile. "Oh- sorry. Nice to meet you Y/N-san." Nezuko smiled back at me. "What class are you in, I haven't seen you before?" I asked, examining the two. "Oh! We're both juniors." Nezuko said with bright energy. She's so energetic, I swear I can see her bright aura. "Oh, that makes sense, I'm a sophomore. Let me guess, Tanjiro is a senior?" I asked again. "Yep, you got that right. He's with two other boys too. Agatsuma Zenitsu and Hashibira Inosuke." Nezuko added. Of course he has a boy group, what else should you have expected?

"If you need to report my brother, go ahead. I won't be against you, he does deserve to be reported, not gonna lie." Nezuko said with full consent, Kanao nodding along. The bell rung after some more conversation. "Okay Y/N-chan, be careful!" Nexuko shouted as they both left. You waved with a smile before leaving. They made me feel a little bit of hope for the day, but I know something else is gonna happen, I can't let my guard down.

Towards the end of the day, I headed down the stairs of the high school, but there stood the burgundy haired boy I hate. Ugh. I moved myself away from him, but he moved back in my way and tripped me. I fell on my knees, making the skin tear. I felt something snap, it hasn't happened before though. "What the actual fuck Kamado. What do you want from me?!" I shouted at the boy as I stood up. "What did I ever do to you?? You just started tormenting me and continued for a whole damn year. What's your problem??!" I snapped at him. He stood there in shock, just frozen as if he didn't know what to say. Student around us crowded up, watching the whole scene.  I limped up to him, and put my face to the point there was barely any space between us. My eyes burned with anger, tears were threatening to fall. "Don't try anything else on me, or you'll be reported. I don't care what the fuck your say to me, I just want to get over with this shit." I scowled at him, before slapping him. "I. Hate. You." I spoke clearly, before leaving. Tanjiro was left there, holding his cheek where I had slapped him. I've been letting this all slide for too long, about time that happened. 

 I felt the tears fall as I left. They were angry tears.  I was approached by some students, helping me. I had to walk home too, since I didn't drive to school today. "Y/N-chan, I could drive you home if you would like." A senior spoke. He had bright yellow hair that shifted to orange, and brown eyes that held hope in them. That sounded a bit cliché, not gonna lie. He looked like he'd have a sweet personality. "I'm Agatsuma Zenitsu, a senior. I saw what happened, I'm so sorry about him." He apologized. "You did nothing to me, so no need to apologize, but yes, I would love if you could help me." I said with a little chuckle at his cute personality. I'm guessing he would take the blame for something that isn't his fault. He wiped the tears from my face with his thumb. "Don't cry, it'll be okay." He whispered.

———————

I was dropped off at my house by Zenitsu-san. He's quite the charmer. He continued to send me winks and little flirts. I can't say I have a crush on him already, that'd be stupid. But I'd be lying if I said he didn't make me flustered. "Thank you Zenitsu-san, I appreciate your help." I bowed to him in thankfulness. "Don't mention it. Go get yourself cleaned up for now. Stay safe Y/N-chan." Zenitsu spoke in a soft tone. I nodded, smiling, before going into my home. My eyes were now red from crying. In the car, Zenitsu had told me to let it all out, causing me to just break out in tears. He comforted me in the car, telling me about Tanjiro and how stupid he can be at times. "Welcome back Y/N. How was school" My Mother begins. "Oh Y/N. What happened?! Was it Tanjiro?" She stood up and hugged me. I cried yet again. "C-can I transfer?" I asked, being muffled from the hug. 

"Whatever you want. I don't want you getting hurt anymore." She said. I released myself from the hug and headed upstairs. I grabbed some bandages from the bathroom closet and wrapped them around my knees. I winced from the pain as I wrapped it. Once I finished, I showered and then began looking at schools to transfer to. 

———————

I woke up in the morning. It was cold out today so I put my jacket over my uniform. I ate breakfast and immediately left. I was headed to my new school, it was 20 minutes away from my old one. It has been three weeks at my new school,  I felt free there. I wasn't bullied. I was accepted by all the students who I talked to. The classes were good too, and I didn't have to worry about... him. I hopped into my car and left for school.

When the day was over, I spotted some familiar locks of burgundy on a boy. 

No, no no no no, please. Don't talk to me, don't look at me.

"Y/N-chan, finally, I found you!" Tanjiro began. I felt hot tears threaten to fall, but I held them in. "W-why are you here." My voice broke as I spoke. (Unintentional rhyme) "I missed you so much, please-" I cut him off before he could continue. "You missed me? More like you missed tormenting me." I scoffed, with a sarcastic laugh. "No please, that's not what I mean. I want to apologize to you." Tanjiro said. "Yeah yeah, whatever." I rolled my eyes, leaving where we were. I was pulled back as Tanjiro held my wrist. His eyes begged me to stay. 

I sighed. "Fine, 1 minute." I spoke, freeing myself from his grip. "Look, I'm sorry. I didn't want to bully you, I don't know why I did it. I don't hate you, I wanted to get your attention. I find you cute. The way you do everything, it's just beautiful. I love the way you smile, I love everything about you. I'm sorry, I should've just told you how I felt instead of taking it the hard way. You make me feel euphoric every time I see you, I just want it back. I want that feeling again. You're the cause of my euphoria. Don't leave."

I stood there. "You...like me..?" I asked. I have myself a moment to take all the new and shocking information in. "Yes, I'm sorry." He muttered. "Fine. I'm not leaving my new school immediately, but if you really want my acceptance, you'll have to prove you won't do anything again." I said with a smile. I played hard to get, I want to see if he was being truthful. Plus, I'm an easy forgiver, I forgive people easily.

Tanjiro nodded, pulling me in by my waist and pressing his lips against mine. I was caught in shock. His kiss was genuine and passionate. One hand was around my waist, the other hand cupped my face. He pulled back and placed his head on the crook of my neck. "Did I prove it to you?" He asked, placing butterfly kisses on my neck. "Yes you did. I'll think about my choice." 

————————-

"You are the cause of my euphoria, yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah" 😂 

A/N: Yeah, it's random but yeah. I'm continuing this book cause I felt like it. Hope you guys enjoy! 💜

Requests are still open btw :)

Updated: May 27, 2023