Chapter 1 - Bad Reputation

January, 1986.

You woke up to the sound of your annoying alarm clock. Aw, man. School starts back up today. You thought to yourself with an eye roll.

You absolutely hated school. It was the worst place on earth. The people were shitty, the lessons were boring, and you'd much rather be in your room playing bass guitar or something. Unfortunately, knowing that you had to get up, that's what you did.

After you got dressed and such, you left the room to wake Dustin up. You walked across the hall and knocked on his door, surprised when he answered within seconds. He was fully dressed, wearing his thinking cap, his Hellfire shirt, deep blue jeans, and black sneakers.

"You're up early," You commented.

"Hellfire's meeting today," Dustin replied, shrugging his shoulders.

Of course. The club that Eddie "the freak" Munson ran. It was bad enough that you shared most of your classes with him, but when Dustin joined Hellfire Club, he wouldn't stop showing up. Dustin constantly had him sleeping over, and he'd annoy the shit out of you.

"I don't get why you idolize that asshole so much," You said, crossing your arms.

"I don't know why you hate him so much," Dustin said, just as annoyed as you were.

"Because he hates me!" You replied.

"No, he doesn't!" Dustin countered.

"Bullshit," You muttered.

Time Skip

You walked into English, and when the teacher saw you, she smiled.

"Good morning, Y/n," She said.

"Morning, Ms. Golden," You replied.
"New assigned seats, I'm assuming?" You asked.

"Actually, you get to sit where you want today," Ms. Golden replied.

"Alright," You said with a nod. You looked around the room, and when you spotted three empty desks next to each other, you ran to one and sat down.

Nancy walked in, and you smiled and waved for her to come sit with you. When she noticed you, she immediately walked over and sat down at the desk to your right.

"Hey, Nance," You said with a smile.

"Hey," Nancy replied, returning the smile.

"How was your weekend?" You asked.

You and Nancy talked until the bell rang, and then the teacher stood up from her desk.

"Good morning! I hope you all are ready to start our new unit, " She said.

Time Skip

bout ten minutes into the lesson, someone walked into the classroom. When you realized that it was Eddie, your smile faded.

Since the middle of sophomore year, you've had a huge crush on Eddie. Of course you never said anything to him about it. You didn't even talk to him until the start of junior. Whenever you attempted to be friendly, he'd make it his duty to annoy the shit out of you. And he was always rude.

Around middle of junior year, you finally realized that he completely hated your guts.

Flashback

A small pouch fell from Eddie's vest pocket on the way out of the cafeteria, so you quickly snatched it and ran after him, following him into a hallway full of seniors.