Chapter 22 - Thirst

⚠️TW! Mentions of blood! Fear! Panic! Guilt! Nightmares!⚠️

"That is nuts," Robin said. Eddie had just finished explaining his story, the six of you sitting in 'Max's' trailer.

"Yeah. I know," Eddie said, holding you close to him on your lap.

"Kas as in Kas the Bloody Handed?" Dustin asked.

"I never thought of that! It definitely seems like it, though," Eddie replied.

"I just got a theory!" Dustin said with a smirk.

"What is it, Dustin?" Nancy asked.

"If Eddie really is our Kas, then he's gonna kill Vecna. He just needs the Sword of Kas to do it," Dustin explained.

"Holy shit. You're right," You said.

"That's great, and all, but how exactly is Eddie supposed to get this sword?" Steve asked.

"Vecna's got to give it to him, of course," Dustin replied matter-of-factly.

"All right, smart ass. Not everyone here is a nerd. We don't all know this," Steve said.

"And I understand that, Steve. I'm just telling you that Vecna gives Kas the sword. So, Vecna's gonna eventually give Eddie that sword, and then he can kill him," Dustin said. Steve rolled his eyes, and you sighed. You had this feeling in your stomach, feeling that things were gonna go wrong.

"Something's telling me that it's not gonna be that simple," You said.

"What makes you say that?" Nancy asked.

"I don't know. It just... it feels too easy. I mean, I could just be paranoid, but I feel like something else's gonna happen," You replied.

"I mean, she's got a point. It seems way too simple," Eddie agreed.

"Well, for now, the main objective is for Eddie to get that sword," Dustin said.

"What do we do now, then?" Eddie asked.

"We have to go home. Plus, we also gotta make sure the rest of the group is updated on the fact that you're alive. You, on the other hand, I think it might be best for you to stay here," Nancy replied.

"No fucking way am I leaving him here," You barked.

"Well, you can't stay here for long. This dust is no good for the lungs," Robin said.

"What's the difference? The same shit's going on in our Hawkins," You asked sternly. "Point blank; either he comes with us, or I stay with him."

"There's gotta be some place we can hide him," Steve said.

"Actually, there is," Dustin said with a smirk.

"Where?" Eddie asked.

"Y/n, do you remember that tree house we built back in '84?" Dustin asked. Your eyes went wide, then you smirked and nodded.

"Yeah," You replied.

Time Skip

You were hesitant about Eddie stepping out into the sunlight for two reasons. One; vampires aren't supposed to be able to go in sunlight, and two; you didn't want people seeing him. Once you figured out that Eddie was in fact not harmed by the ultraviolet rays, you managed to sneak him into Steve's car.

You all drove back to your house, where you got some stuff for Eddie to take with him into the tree house. Nancy, Steve, and Robin would tell the others about the "plan", while you and Dustin helped Eddie get situated.