Chapter 15 - He Wouldn't

"Y/n!!" Dustin exclaimed. You ran out of your room, running out to the living room where Mom and Dustin were watching the news.

"Sorry! I'm here!" You said as you sat down.

"Jesus Christ! We do this every weekend!" Dustin said.

"I'm sorry! I like to sleep in," You said.

"Guys! Watch!" Mom said. You and Dustin looked at the TV, both of your eyes going wide at what you saw.

"We're in Forest Hills trailer park in east Roane County. We don't have a lot of details right now, but we can confirm that the body of a Hawkins High student was discovered early this morning. Police have not yet released the victim's name, although we are told they're currently in the process of notifying the family..." Beverly said.

You couldn't think straight. You knew that it was Eddie's trailer, and you started to panic. Is Eddie okay? Where is he? Oh god! Dustin noticed your mini panic attack, so he hugged you.

"It's okay," He whispered. You spaced out for a while, and came back to reality when you heard the news reporter say,

"We'll be here the rest of the day right here on channel nine, where we'll keep you posted on all of the latest developments. In the meantime, we recommend that you keep your doors and windows locket tight. This is Beverly Moss signing off for.." Then her voice was drowned out by Mom's.

"My heart can't take it anymore. It just can't take it," She said. You hugged her.

"Mum, it's gonna be okay," You said. She went to reply, but the doorbell rang. You and Dustin got up to answer it. When you opened the door, you were greeted by an out of breath Max.

"Woah, woah, woah. You all right?" You asked as you let her in.

"We've gotta talk," Max said before leading you and Dustin into Dustin's room.

Time Skip

"Chrissy Cunningham? You're sure it was Chrissy?" Dustin asked. Max had just explained what she saw, leaving you and Dustin and shock. Dustin was pacing around the room, and you were sitting on his bed, knowing why Chrissy was there.

"Yes. She was in her cheerleader outfit. It was the same thing she was in when I saw her with Eddie," Max replied.

"Did you tell all this to the cops?" Dustin asked, and you were praying that she hadn't.

"No, but I can't be the only one who saw them together. I mean, they stood out," Max said.

"Eddie the freak with Chrissy the cheerleader?" Dustin asked.

"Exactly. Now, his name's not in the news yet or anything, but I guarantee you Eddie is suspect number one right now," Max said.

"That's bullshit! Eddie wouldn't do that!" You said.

"Yeah, that's crazy. Eddie didn't do this. No way. No way," Dustin said.

"Well we can't rule it out," Max said.

"Yes, we can," Dustin said.

"Dustin!" Max said.

"You don't know him like I do, Max. Okay? When we got to high school, Lucas made all his sports friends. Mike and me? I mean, no one was nice to us. No one except Eddie," Dustin said, and you smiled a bit. God, Eddie's so sweet. I hope he's okay. You thought to yourself. Something in your mind was definitely telling you he wasn't cheating, and you knew he didn't have the mindset to kill anyone.

"Okay. Well, I mean, they said the same shit about Ted Bundy. Yeah, he's, like, a super nice guy, but then he's murdering women on the weekend," Max said. Your smile faded, and you curled up into a ball, burying your head in your knees.