Chapter 25 - It's Me

You woke up, gasping for air. Another nightmare. You thought to yourself, looking to your side to see if Eddie had woken up. Thankfully, he hadn't. The last thing you needed was for him to worry about you anymore than he already was. Another symptom. I've been having these nightmares almost every night after... well, that happened. I won't tell Eddie about the nightmare. Whether I'll tell Steve or not, I'm not sure.

Deciding to go get something to drink from downstairs, you slowly sat up, manuevering yourself out of Eddie's grip. You heard him groan, and you froze, looking to see that you had woken him up. Shit. You scolded yourself. Eddie shifted, looking at you in confusion.

"Where're you goin', princess," He asked sleepily.

"Getting something to drink," You replied. "Sorry for waking you."

"No worries, angel," He said.

"I'll be back up soon. Okay?" You asked.

"I'll be waiting for you," Eddie said with a smirk. You quietly giggled, nodding before leaving the room.

Time Skip

You got yourself some water, throwing the plastic solo cup in the trash after you drank it all. For some reason, that dream wouldn't shake off. There was something... different about it. It seemed more real, not hazy like a dream should be. It felt like you were not just watching the event, but reliving it. You sighed, going back upstairs and into the bedroom.

When you walked inside, Eddie immediately sat up, looking at you with a smile.

"Hey, princess," He said.

"Hi, Eds," You replied, trying to plaster on a fake smile. Clearly the plaster job was shit, because Eddie saw right through it.

"What's on your mind, sweets?" He asked, gesturing for you to come to him. You did, trying to brush it off.

"Nothin' much. Just worried about this whole Vecna deal," You replied. It was true, and you tried to keep the real reason out of your thoughts. Eddie being able to read your thoughts was honestly going to be real annoying. Especially since he couldn't quite control how it happened.

"Mm... come here, baby," He said, gesturing for you to sit on his lap. You did, and he wrapped his arms around you, kissing your forehead softly. "I really don't know what to say, angel. I'm sorry," He whispered in your ear.

"Not your fault, Eds. It's just a lot of pressure," You said.

"Is there anything I can do for you?" He asked.

"I don't think there is," You replied. "Let's just get some sleep."

"All right," He said. You got off his lap, and then you both laid down. He wrapped his arms around you once more, nuzzling himself against you.

"I love you," You said.

"I love you too, angel," He replied.

Eddie's Pov

Once Y/n fell asleep, I sighed. While she was gone, a thought struck my mind. I was thinking back on the D&D lore, having memorized the vampire section of the AD&D Monster Manual for one of my campaigns. There wasn't anything about turning a vampire back to human, only to turn a human or humanoid creature into a vampire. Similarly, there was nothing about Kas being turned back. Instead, after battling Vecna and destroying Vecna's dark tower. Doing that essentially destroys Vecna's realm, which in this case would be the Upside Down. During the destruction, Kas would be flung through multiple dimensions into the dark planes of existence, being trapped there for years. If that were to be true, then I'd have to sacrifice myself once again in order for this all to end. I knew what needed to be done, but I couldn't tell Y/n or else she'd never let me follow through with it. My only choice was to keep it a secret from her. I had to do this. I needed to end the Upside Down for good. To keep my family and friends safe.