Chapter 14 - Broken Down

A Week Later

"Come on, Dustin," You said, waiting impatiently at the door. You wanted to get to school early today so you could check out some stuff in the library.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," Dustin said as he walked over to the door.
"Why're we leaving so early anyway?" He asked as he put his shoes on.

"I want to check some stuff out at the library. Nancy'll be there, so you and Mike can do whatever while we're in there," You replied.

"Okay," Dustin said.

"Ready to go?" You asked.

"Yep," Dustin replied. You nodded and opened the front door, stepping outside. Dustin followed you, and you shut the door. You walked up to your car, unlocked it, and then you and Dustin both got in.

You put your key in the ignition and turned it, earning a sputtering noise in return.

"Oh, come on!" You said, trying to turn it on again. Same noise, but no started car.
"Mother fucker!" You exclaimed. You tried one last time, and the car didn't start.
"Goddamn it!" You hissed.

"Shit," Dustin said.

"I'm gonna call Eddie. Hopefully he can pick us up, and maybe he'll take my car down to the shop," You said.

"I'm sure he would. He'd probably jump off a bridge for you," Dustin said as you both got out of the car.

"I'd do the same," You said with a smile. Dustin snickered, and you rolled your eyes and opened the front door.

Time Skip

You picked the house phone up from the wall and dialed Eddie's home number. You put the phone up to your ear, and after a few rings, the call was answered.

"Hello?" You heard Eddie's groggy voice over the phone. Aw. I hope I didn't wake him. It is early. You thought to yourself.

"Hey, babe. Sorry to wake you so early," You said.

"Oh, hey, princess," Eddie said, sounding more awake now.
"Oh, no, you didn't wake me. I just woke up before you called," He explained.

"Oh, okay. It's just early, and you sounded tired," You said.

"Well, I am," He replied.
"Anyway, why're you calling so early?" He asked.

"So, uh, Dustin and I were gonna get to school early 'cause I wanted to check out some stuff at the library. But, uh, my car won't start, and I was wondering if you could possibly bring us to school," You explained.
"I don't mind not being there early if you don't wanna leave right now," You added.

"Sure, sweetheart. Let me just get ready, and I'll be over as soon as possible," Eddie said.
"You need me to bring your car to the shop too?" He asked.

"If you don't mind," You replied.

"Of course I don't mind. I'll be right over. See you soon," Eddie said.

"See you soon," You said.
"Love you," You added.

"Love you too, baby," Eddie replied. You hung up the phone and walked over to Dustin, who had a smirk on his face.

"Love you," He mocked.

"Oh, shut it!" You said, flipping him off. He snickered, and you rolled your eyes. You smirked, getting an idea.
"Turn around, look at what you seeee," You sang. Dustin's jaw dropped, and he gasped.

"You did not just go there!" He exclaimed. You grinned and nodded.

"I did," You replied. Dustin scoffed and rolled his eyes.