XVI

CHAPTER XVI
————————————————————

I TURN AROUND AND LOOK FOR SCARAMOUCHE, but he was nowhere to be found.

I ran out of the temple, tears streaming down my face as I searched for Scaramouche frantically.

I asked the guards where he went but they didn't tell me anything, I found myself stranded and slightly lost.

I started walking back to the docks, hoping that both Scaramouche and Beidou were there.

I started thinking of what I had just done.

I did it all for love, and I feel horrible, how could I let myself do that?!

The streets were empty, a rare occasion for Inazuma.

I stare in front of me, eyeing Beidou's ship who was still anchored.

I feel that it would be best that I returned to Liyue harbour, hopefully with Scaramouche.

Did Scaramouche use me? Did he use me to get here knowing that I would pick him?

That fucking guy only cared for himself.

How could I let myself sit at ease around him?!

I find Beidou chatting with one of her crew members and I approached her.

"Y/n! Back again to go home? Why so soon though..." she asks me.

"Yeah...I think I want to go back to Liyue." I tell her.

She nods her head and lets me go on the ship, Kazuha following close behind.

Kazuha stared at my tear-stained face with confusion.

"What happened?" he asks me.

"Well...it's a bit complicated," I say.

"The boy you were with isn't here either, it's okay to tell me what happened," he reassures me as he sat on the stairs.

I sigh and sit close next to him.

"He betrayed me after a life-or-death situation," I tell him.

"What an asshole...he didn't deserve you." Kazuha hugged me.

I smile at him and move the hair on his face.

Kazuha.

A boy I've known ever since I started traveling, we were seeing each other for a while.

We remained good friends after that and we still care for each other very much.

A boy I can rely on, someone who loves me no matter what.

We stare at the ocean as the whales breach, his hand on my shoulder, keeping me close.

He stares back at me and hugs me tightly, holding me close to his chest.

"Let's stay up all night and catch up, it's been a while hasn't it?" he smiles at me.

Hours passed and the boat finally set sail at sunset, Kazuha and I managed to climb to the top of the sails to cause trouble.

Once we got called down to help with the boat we didn't really do much, we danced around each other.

Beidou stared at us and laughed, making the other crew members watch us make a fool out of ourselves.

"Y/N I MISSED YOU!"
————————————————————

@SCYKHS