XVIII

CHAPTER XVIII
————————————————————

WE ARRIVED AT SNEZHNAYA BY EARLY MORNING, and as soon as I entered the main harbinger palace I was given my white coat.

Childe walked next to me with his coat dragging behind him.

We slowly trailed the palace, heading towards Pierro's room.

I gulped as I held the door handle, Childe staring at me as I opened the door.

The man looked up as he heard the door open and stood up, fixing his clothes as he went to go greet me.

"Daughter...I've waited so long to see you once more." he smiled softly.

I felt tears prick my eyes and ran towards him, hugging him as I cried into his shoulder.

He picked me up, stroking my hair as he consoled me.

Childe excused himself from the room and shut the door behind him.

Pierro sat me down on his chair as he stood in front of me.

"I've been told the whole situation, it wasn't your fault...I understand that it hurts," he told me.

"He- he manipulated me and I didn't even realise!" I cried.

"I'm happy the Raiden Shogun did not harm you." he sighed.

"I literally held Signora as she died in my arms...and Scaramouche ran away." I frowned.

"He will be attending the funeral tomorrow, Childe will be staying with you tonight to keep you safe from anyone else." he smiled at me.

I get up and hug him once more.

This feeling...he has rarely shown me this form of affection.

He always accommodated me, just could not show physical affection weirdly enough.

I get up from the chair and leave the room to see Childe standing by the door on the other side.

I wave at him, slightly wiping away the tears I had on my face while doing so.

Childe walked down the stairs with me, leading me to the room that I haven't stayed in for a few years, to say the least.

I stared at the room, a big bed and plenty of space.

This stability is all I ever wanted, the feeling of finally being home took over.

I kicked off my shoes and lay on my bed, rolling around excitedly.

"You should get changed you know..." he laughed.

I jumped up and went to the closet, where all of my old clothes still remained, and a small gift was placed on the floor.

I pick it up and open it, revealing an article of beautiful clothing set for the funeral.

A tear shed as I held it and placed it back carefully in its box.

I scavenged the closet, trying to find something comfortable to wear.

I come out of the closet dressed comfortably and find Childe laying on my bed, while his coat draped over my vanity chair.

I climb onto the right side of the bed and lay down, sighing in relief.

"You're very quiet when you're alone with me." I laugh.

Chilled returns a chuckle and looks over at me.

"When I'm in a professional environment, I can only act how they want me to," he explains.

"You can chill out here, none of us are wanted for the rest of the day." I close my eyes.

"Yeah, I guess...I'm a bit nervous for tomorrow," he admits.

"Don't worry, I am too." I groan.

"Scaramouche won't be happy to see you that's for sure."

"I saved his life." I roll my eyes.

"You should get some rest for tomorrow, even though it's still the morning." Childe laughs, stroking my hair.

"Yeah..." I close my eyes.

TOMORROW IS A NEW DAY.
————————————————————

@SCYKHS