Swordsman Accompanying a Demon

~At Urokodaki's house~

Tanjiro gets changed into his Demon Slayer Corps uniform. Urokodaki: "Have you gotten changed?" Tanjiro: "Yes." Urokodaki: "All right." Urokodaki walks to Y/n's door. Urokodaki: "Y/n?" Y/n: "You can come in!" Y/n is looking in the mirror, she has the diary opened and is looking at it. Y/n: "It's perfect."

~Later~

Y/n and Tanjiro are preparing to head out. Urokodaki: "Y/n. Tanjiro. Now that you're starting out with the Demon Slayer Corps, I'd like to explain a few things to you." Tanjiro: "Right." Urokodaki: "That Demon Slayer Corps outfit you're wearing right now is made of a special kind of fiber. The fabric is quite breathable, yet it repels moisture and won't burn easily. A low-level demon's talons or fangs couldn't even manage to tear that uniform." Tanjiro: "It's that strong?" Urokodaki: "Also, that Nichirin sword of yours... The color varies from owner to owner, and each hue has unique properties. But since not many people end up with black blades, little is known about them. So little, in fact, that --" Tanjiro: "So little is known that... What, Mr. Urokodaki?" Urokodaki: "Since so little is known about them, black blades are said to be wielded by swordsmen who'll never go far." Tanjiro: "I don't know how I'll do in the Demon Slayer Corps, but I'm going to turn Nezuko back into a human no matter what." Urokodaki: "Yes, you're right. I have faith that you're going to make that happen." Tanjiro: "Right." Urokodaki: "One more thing. Take this." Urokodaki places a wooden box in front of Tanjiro. Urokodaki: "It's a box for you to carry your sister in during the day built out of an extremely light wood called "Cloud Mist Pine". I coated it with rock lacquer to reinforce its exterior and to make it even more durable." Tanjiro: "Thank you very much!" Tanjiro picks up the box. Tanjiro: "It's so light! It's really light, Mr. Urokodaki! Hehe!" Tanjiro places the box in front of Nezuko, who is hiding under the covers. He opens the door. Tanjiro: "Nezuko. Get inside this, will you? Can you do it?" Nezuko: "Mmm..." Nezuko tries going into the box but hesitates. She eventually gets into the box. Tanjiro: "Nezuko, from now on, we're always gonna be together, okay?" Tanjiro closes the box. Outside, Y/n carries the box on her back. Urokodaki sends them off. Tanjiro: "All right, we'll be going now." Urokodaki steps forward toward Tanjiro. Urokodaki: "Hold on. Do you mind?" Urokodaki fastens the top button of Tanjiro's uniform. He adjusts the straps of the box, and finally places his hands on Tanjiro and Y/n's shoulders. Urokodaki: "All right." Urokodaki and Tanjiro nod to each other, and Tanjiro and Y/n head off.

~On a dirt path~

Tanjiro walks with Y/n. Tanjiro: "Nezuko, are you all right? Nezuko?" Urokodaki: (Flashback) I'm just guessing here, but it could be that Nezuko is recovering her strength by sleeping instead of consuming human flesh. Tanjiro continues walking along with no response from Nezuko. Tanjiro: "Nezuko... You get lots of rest." Tanjiro arrives in a town along a river. Tanjiro: "Could this be the town to the northwest?" Y/n: "Possibly." Tanjiro and Y/n continue into the town. Nearby, Kazumi walks, seeming to be in a daze. Woman 1: "Oh, look, there's Kazumi. Poor thing. He looks so haggard." Tanjiro: "Ah..." Tanjiro and Kazumi walk past each other. Woman 2: "Because he was with Satoko when she was taken." Man: "Night after night... It's so creepy." Woman 1: "It's so dreadful!" Woman 2: "When night falls, yet another young girl will be abducted." Tanjiro: "Ah...!" Tanjiro turns back toward Kazumi. Tanjiro: "Mr. Kazumi! If you don't mind, I'd like to hear your story. Is that all right?" Kazumi: "Ah..."

~Elsewhere in the town, along a walled path~

Kazumi: "This is where Satoko vanished. You may not believe me." Tanjiro: "I do believe you! I believe you, all right! I believe you!" Tanjiro gets down and begins to smell the ground. Tanjiro: There's still a faint trace of demon scent, but it's uneven, so to speak. There's something strange about this. Y/n: Hmmm... Kazumi: Who are these kids anyway?