Chapter 6

A deafening silence enveloped the whole room and I can't help myself but stare at outside the window. Napatingin ako sa mga dahon na sumasabay sa ihip ng hangin. A sigh left between my lips.

"Miss,"

Napatingin ako kay Bea nang tawagin niya ako. She gestured her hands towards the people inside the room. "Meeting. Remember?" She whispers only for the two of us to hear.

Oh right! Napabalik ako nang tingin sa harap ngunit agad ring napakunot ng noo nang dalawa lang ang nasa harapan ko. Bea was beside me while the two men were in our front. The small rectangular coffee table were in between.

"Where's the other?" I ask the two men in front of me. My eyes linger more on to the unknown man beside Alpha Zachary. Kunot-noo tinanong ko ito. "Who are you?"

Direkta ko siyang tinitigan sa mga mata. Pilit na inalala kung nakita ko na ba siya noon, pero wala. Nothing that I can recollect from my memories. I haven't seen him even before I was still in this pack.

Nakarinig ako nang pag-angil sa katabi nito kaya nabaling ang tingin ko rito. Nagtataka akong nakatingin sa kanya. Alpha Zach is a calm man and have a precise posture. He's an Alpha with elegance in title. Seeing him uncomfortable and irritated makes me confused. Napatitig ako sa mukha nito. His brows were furrowed as well as his eyes were closed but I know better, he knew I was watching him. His jaws were moving like he's eating something, and his lips were pressed together.

"Are you ok, Mr. Zachary?" 'Di ko mapigilan ang magtanong. Para kasi itong may dinaramdam.

His black eyes meet mine. For a second I was at lost. I can see various of emotions dancing in his eyes, but sadness were more prominent. Napakurap ako at umiwas ng tingin. I heard him sigh.

"Thank you for your concern, but I'm fine. And as for Beta Klaus and Jana, they'll be here in a minute."

Tumango ako at muling binalikan ng tingin ang katabi nito. My brows lifted when I see him grinning and then laugh like something amused him. Like he is seeing something in me amusing. Nakaramdam ako ng inis kaya tinaasan ko siya ng kilay.

"Sorry," he stated between his laugh.

I scoff at his word. Hatalang labas sa ilong.

"Stop it, Franco." Sita naman ng katabi nito.

Tumingin ako kay Zachary. Only to see him staring at me. Hindi ko inalis ang tingin rito. My eyes scan his face. He looked more mature than 3 years ago, by the way. More calculated, serious, and handsome too. His body grows bigger too. Mas firm ang pangangatawan niya ngayon kompara noon.

"This is, Franco, my cousin. Franco meet Selene. Selene Quinor." His introduction was a bit late but I paid nothing in mind.

"I was expecting you, Beta Klaus and Oracle Jana on this meeting. I didn't expect someone to attend besides the three of you. Not with him." I said frankly, then glance at the unwanted man.

Tumawa ito at tumingin kay Zach. "She's feisty huh." He said. Bago binalik ang tingin sa akin. "Sorry, miss, but I'm loyal to my brother here. I can't leave him with anyone I don't know too, even though you are his mate." Turan nito.

Napatigil ako.

My eyes landed to Bea, asking. Napatingin rin ito sa akin at kaagad na umiling. Telling me that she hasn't told anything to anyone, that she didn't say anything about me being mated to Zachary.