29

Aimee couldn't help but think that things with her and Warren were getting tense. She knew how she was apprehensive about having another baby. But she knew he did.

Aimee knew that they already had Mila. And she was a handful. But she knew deep down, she wanted another baby. She just wanted to have a better home. And for her and Warren to be completely okay.

When she woke that morning, she saw Mila asleep next to her. She heard complete silence so had the feeling Warren wasn't there. To her, it looked like the bed hadn't been slept in.

Aimee sighed as she climbed out of bed. She put the pillows to stop Mila from rolling out of bed. She left the bedroom and saw Warren wasn't there.

She sighed as she started making herself a coffee. The door opened and Warren walked in. "Where have you been?" She asked.

Warren sighed. He smiled. "I fell asleep in the club. I came back this morning and Mila was awake. I put her in bed with you and went to get some stuff as the fridge is empty," he told her.

Aimee wasn't convinced. She watched as he walked off into the bedroom. She sighed knowing that he was no doubt keeping something from her.

The bedroom door opened and Warren came out with Mila. Aimee took her and smiled. "Mummy loves you munchkin."

"She loves me too."

Aimee smiled. She knew how it seemed tense with her and Warren. But she wanted to make it work with them. For their daughters sake.

***
Aimee was sitting in the pub. She smiled as she looked to Lola. "Hey. Where have you been? Mum told me you didn't come back,"  Aimee said.

Lola nodded. "Yeah. I had something to do. I'm going back today. Are you okay? How's it going with the Warren wanting a baby?" She asked.

Aimee sighed. "I don't know how I feel about it. I just... I don't know. I feel like I want one. But then I think of Mila. And how much of a handful she is. And I just don't think it will be easy."

"You have to compromise. It's the only thing you can do. Maybe don't actively try to get pregnant. But if it happens, then just make the best of it," Lola told her sister.

Aimee sighed and shrugged. But she knew how it was all getting too messy for her. She hated that everything wasnt as easy as she wanted it.

Lola took her hand and smiled. "You'll be okay. You and Warren. You will make it work," she said.

"I hope so."

***
Aimee had just picked up Mila from daycare. She sighed as she walked through the village. Aimee knew she needed to talk to Warren. But she was worried about how he would react.

Aimee knew that Warren had always wanted a big family. But she just wanted the perfect family.

Aimee had no idea just how much her and Warren wanting different things was about to ruin their seemingly perfect relationship.