8. cobalt

concerns aside this is really nice

"Are you even trying to act like Levi?" Farlan frowned at me.

oh absolutely not

"Of course I am," I sighed, setting down my fork, the two of us were sitting outside in the gardens enjoying tea and desserts. "I mean I'm writing letters and everything," I gestured to the two envelopes, one addressed to Ymir and Historia and the other to a friend back home.

relax a little farlan

"Levi wouldn't-" he sighed loudly.

"Wouldn't enjoy himself in the sun? I know that he's freakishly pale," I took a sip of tea, reaching for one of the many cakes spread across the table. "Admit it you're enjoying this."

"A little."

"Right! So you should relax, stop worrying about what other people are thinking."

"Levi is going to kill me."

"Levi isn't here right now, and I'm not going to tell on you."

a little slacking off never hurt anyone

besides levi is loaded

i can't think of a problem that can't be solved with money

"It's a little funny to watch you scowl at a bunch of cakes," Farlan admitted, covering his laughter with a hand.

EXACTLY

"Isn't it," I nodded, leaning back in my chair. "I'm stuffed."

"You've had like 20 of those."

"It's the first time in a long time I've been able to relax like this, cut me some slack."

i'm worried about my body but

i have been cut from all of my responsibilities

there's value in that

"I'm glad you're enjoying yourself, I've made preparations for the two of us to return to the Ackerman Duchy shortly."

oh good!

"In that case, would you mind if we went into town? I have a few letters to deliver, and I imagine you want to speak to Levi again before we leave."

unfortunately one of the letters needs to go to levi

"Actually I'd rather not have to deal with the two of you in the same room again," Farlan grumbled under his breath.

not a problem! you can give this to him and i can find someone to get the other letter to ymir and historia!

"It'll be quick!"

PLEASE ??

"I don't believe you."

"Oh but you have to- we're besties- this is part of the test."

you're currently failing farlan

"I'll have one of our messengers send them for you, how's that?"

"No can do, I have specific instructions for Levi."

and we both know i can't trust a random messenger with the whole body swap thing

"The bestie test only benefits you," he pinched the bridge of his nose in slight exasperation.

you're catching on

"I mean- you're the one taking it not me," I shrugged sitting up a little.

so ??

"Ok fine," he finally gave in, "let's go."

i'm beginning to understand why levi liked bothering me so much

i'm honestly getting a little excited to see myself again

narcissist ...

"I really don't know why I agreed to this," Farlan and I stood in the main hall of my home in the capital, waiting for the head maid to come back with my body.

you agreed to this because we're best friends

"Friendship <3"

"Something like that."

farlan i'd like to think that we're somewhat close so if you would humor me please

"Lord Ackerman, I apologize for the wait," the head maid bowed deeply as she approached the two of us. "It appears that the Young Lady has left to go dress shopping in the capital before she leaves, the two of you are welcome to stay here and wait for her return."

HUH ?? WITHOUT ME ??

"No need," I stepped forward, "we will go meet her there."

I WANT TO SEE MY BODY IN NEW CLOTHES I BET IT'S CUTE AS HELL

"I don't know where she-"

"That's quite alright," I turned on my heel, "Farlan let's leave."

IM SO PUMPED RIGHT NOW I DON'T EVEN CARE ABOUT PRETENDING TO BE LEVI

WHEN HAVE YOU EVER CARED ??

NEVER ! BUT RIGHT NOW I CARE A LITTLE LESS !

"Wow you actually did pretty well back there," Farlan hurried to catch up with me.

I WASN'T EVEN TRYING I JUST WANT TO SEE MY BODY

"REALLY?"

"Yeah- it looked like you were trying for a second!"

I REALLY WASN'T

"Enough of that we have somewhere really important to go!" I pointed at the carriage, "if we wait too long we're going to miss it!"

WE HAVE TO HURRY

I HAVE A SECRET MISSION OF MY OWN TO CARRY OUT

THERE ARE A FEW DRESSES I'VE BEEN WANTING TO HAVE BUT COULDN'T JUSTIFY THE COST OF !

I'M GOING TO USE LEVI'S WALLET

AND JUSTIFY THE PURCHASE BY SAYING THAT I'M BUYING IT FOR THE WOMAN I AM ENAMORED WITH

"Do you even know where he is?"

I'M SURE WE CAN FIND IT

"They probably took my body to the dress store that I frequented often," I raced towards the carriage.

you know for it's height this body can really run

"Is this so important that we can't wait at your home?"

IT IS FARLAN

"Farlan think about it- do you really want to pass up an opportunity to pamper a beautiful woman?" I clasped his hands in mine, looking up at him earnestly.

THIS IS MY DIVINE DUTY

"Whatever you say-"

"COME ON LET'S HURRY!"

I'VE NEVER BEEN MORE EXCITED IN MY LIFE

___________________

narcissism is so hot on y/n

ilu guys

- AWGmi