2. obsidian

"Fuck off," I grumbled, meeting the icy gaze of Levi Ackerman.

asshole

"I thought you were supposed to be neutral," he rolled his eyes, moving to stand next to me.

Levi Ackerman- member of the Ackerman Duchy

Related to the crown prince Erwin Smith through his father's side, short, dark, and handsome (debatable).

Insufferable (FACT).

"You've said worse," I sighed. "What do you want?"

The Ackerman Duchy and the lands of Marquess L/N bordered each other, so naturally, the two of us were forced to attend many of the same parties when we came of age.

"How is the Marquess doing?"

seriously?

"I think you already know the answer to that question."

There's an awful rumor about the two of us- that the Ackerman's were planning on proposing a marriage between our families.

Always proposed as some conquest- that I as the only heir of the L/N family was something to be captured

and with me all of our territories- a victory for the Imperial Faction.

For the sake of neutrality, I have to pretend to not have any opinion on any potential engagement, especially one from a prominent house in the Imperial Faction.

Levi's a diligent son. What achievement would look more impressive for the heir of the Ackerman Duchy than the future Marchioness of the L/N family?

"Send him my well wishes." Levi paused. "Unlike you, I respect your father."

Right, the real reason that I hate him.

Levi Ackerman is an asshole.

Marriage into a Ducal house? Sure- Levi Ackerman would have to live with me.

I'm not someone that would give up and become docile just because of a marriage.

Levi Ackerman has hated me since before all of this started- I'd rather my future spouse be uninterested in me than live with someone who hates my guts.

"I'll make sure to pass on the message to my sick father that Levi Ackerman has disrespected his only child."

LEAVE ME ALONE

"I'll make sure that the crown prince hears about you."

"You wouldn't-"

"Goodbye Y/N-" he turned on his heel, walking back towards the party.

"Hey-"

"Yes?" Levi turned around, a disinterested expression on his face.

"I heard that Erwin had feelings for a certain noble lady- I would hate it if she began to think worse of him."

"Using the prince for our arguments? Brave."

"As if you're any better," I rolled my eyes. "Make sure no one saw you come here-"

"As if I would want to be seen with you."

"Likewise, I wouldn't want my reputation to be destroyed by someone like you." I turned my back to him, leaning on the balcony railing.

"What reputation?" Levi muttered under his breath.

"Of a carefree single young lady."

"Young?"