Chapter 24

While Alcyone and Averett follow matters of their trip, an encounter was occurring not too far from where they are. In a town that has shrouded itself in darkness by the fear of having a prince in their midst. Although the Old King was beloved by many, the same cannot be the same for his living children.

Within the quivering shadows of this village, a figure emerges. She swiftly crosses the cobbled streets and enters the only building with light. Someone awaits her with a princely escort that immediately grasp their sword's hilts with caution. "I see you got my message, young prince." Nirvana eyes the men in the room. They all feared her. Very well. "You know," the Prince leans away from the dark corners of the seating room, "I had heard that all of the Dark Witches were wiped out centuries ago. I was most surprised to learn otherwise." She sits herself across from him.

"You may call me witch, if you'd like," she shares a deadly smile with him, "but know this, we were once revered for our powers. Once we attained our true potential, we were called witches." She pulls down the hood of her cloak. "Do you know who was the first to cry 'witch'?" She holds his gaze, daring him to answer her.

Prince Foustaz refuses to deign her with his submission. Instead, he serves himself and his guest a glass of his favorite spirits. "What exactly do you want from me?" Nirvana intentionally leaves her glass untouched. "We are both searching for something, or someone, that are coincidentally going to the same place."
"The Star."

"The King's Diamond."

The cards have been drawn. They've each shown how much they know of each other. What they want. What they are willing to do to get it shines in their eyes. "I'm sure you know where they are headed, then." Nirvana tilts her head, narrowing her eyes slightly. "Shall we keep measuring how much we truly know or shall we begin negotiations of our alliance?" He swallows the rest of his drink in one swell gulp. In truth, this is an unlikely alliance. A very dangerous one. They both could care less about each other. "Very well. What are your conditions?"

"I want the Star, plain and simple. You get the King's Diamond and I get my Star."

Prince Foustaz taps his finger tips against the table. "It is a reasonable deal," Nirvana senses a counterarguement, "but, it seems that I do not have all the facts about this Star. Why does she have my father's Diamond? Why is she of much value to you?" Nirvana clicks her tongue in mock disappointment. "I was sure that you would have those answers yourself. Was it not your father that threw his Diamond to the skies? Do you not value that power that you will achieve with it in your grasp? The same goes for me and my Star." He thinks about what she says.

Prince Foustaz has tried to search for answers concerning Stars, but-curiously- there hasn't been any attainable information about them. In fact, it's like they don't exist. Ironic, really. "If I agree to our union, how do I ensure that our deal stays intact?" Nirvana flips her violet hair back over her shoulder, reaching into her cloak's hidden pockets. "Believe it or not, young prince, I have others that are also on the path of getting their hands on the Star. Similarly the way you have others that are salivating at the mouth to get their hands on your father's Diamond." The Prince's eyes darken.

"My two sisters will have learned about my betrayal by now." In between her fingers, Nirvana holds her ring. A ring that is nearly identical to her sisters'. "They will have joined forces to kill me." Her eyes flit to the Prince. "Kill you." The sound of uniformed movement resonate from one guard to the next at Nirvana's words. "I can bind our oath with this ring. It'll keep us in the correct path."

Nirvana leans back into her chair. She purposefully chooses her words. She omits the true meaning of how it keeps them in their respective binds. Nirvana has no interest in the King's Diamond, but the same cannot be said about Prince Foustaz. His curiosity on the Star has piqued his interest. The more he searches for the information, the more he wants to know.

"Shall we bind our alliance?"

It is to my horror, that the Prince has actually begun to like this plan. Having a witch on his side will benefit him better than on his own. He does not even consider the danger that will follow if he agrees to such a union. The Dark sisters are already hot the fallen Star's trail. As is one other Prince. None of this comes to his mind. He, instead, meets her gaze and says, "We shall. Let us join forces and attain what we most desire."

The violet gem in the middle of the ring shines brightly as a Star. A trail of purple wisps slither out, wrapping themselves around the Prince and Nirvana. "Here, in the presence of the Great Beyond, I bind our alliance to attain what we most desire. Let the consequences of our action either reward or punish in the aftermath of such union." The slitherin wisps slice into each other, binding their deal with their lives. Yes, this enchantment can only bring chaos and death. Whose death? That is yet to be seen.

Do stop the theatrics, Pleione! Why must it always be death and clandestine events with you?

You watch as you see fit, Merope! Let me be and watch our sister!