Chapter 1- Six Years Later

"Moth, have you prepared for the preparation of Shimmer yet?" Sevika asked, glancing over my chart.

"Of course I did, Sevi~!" I giggled, flashing my famous smile to her.

She huffs before rubbing my hair teasingly.

"Hey! Not the hair!" I giggled.

"'Yo, Sevi!" Mom said, which made Sevika remove herself immediately.

"What do you want?" She asked with a cold tone.

I've known their interactions while I was raised here in Zaun, and I know things aren't better. It's not getting worse, but nothing's changing. 

They seem to be in civil terms, but I can't hope for anything. After all, hope is just a sentiment until reality stabs you in the back.

"You need to check this out!" Mom giggled.

Sevika rolled her eyes before patting my head.

"Keep up the good work, alright?"

I happily nodded and watched the two leave. 

I began preparing the bombs Mom taught me when I was eight. I made some slight improvements, but I don't want to overshadow Mom's work. Even if she says it's okay, I want to be in her shadow.

I oppose the idea of the spotlight shining through me, and I'm not interested in attending. Except for my family and friends, of course. 

"Wonder what's Mom and Sevi talking about? Maybe it's not important," I mumbled.

"It could possibly have to do with you," The voice in my head said.

"Hello to you too, stranger!" I exclaimed.

"Why not eavesdrop on them?" It asked.

"No. Last time I did, I ended up getting in trouble," I answered.

"You're no fun~!" It pouted.

"Haha, very funny." I sarcastically said.

"Still, you may never know if it's you. After all, you do make quite the impression on the Enforcers!" It laughed.

"Yeah. Using my magic was fun, as well as combining it with Shimmer for weapons..."

"Very true..."

"You never mention your name at all? What do I call you, anyways?" I asked.

"I'm not telling," It replied.

"I'll just call you it until you tell me. I figure you're not someone that's supposed to be in my head," I said. 

"Oh well..." It said before leaving me to do my work.

'What's wrong with this one? I've heard voices before, but this one always pops up whenever it wants to. Oh well, it's probably my subconsciousness,' I thought.

'Heh; it reminded me of what happened a few years back when I started using my magic. Poor mom and Sevi...'

~~~Flashback~~~

When I was ten, I stared out at the window where I could view the standards of Zaun. Some parts of Zaun were 'improved,' Mom said. But I really don't see that.

Maybe it was the fact that I didn't grow up here, but I could tell that everyone had started to get used to me. 

"I wanna see Zaun," I mentioned one day while Mom and I were eating dinner.

She looked startled and asked me where did I get that idea.

"Well, if I'm a Zaunite, I should see the aspects of Zaun," I answered.

"After all, you and almost everyone else get to go to the city for business-related stuff."

"Alright then. Do you want to leave now or later?" She asked.

Now I was the one startled.

"Kid, you made many weapons while pranking people with no hesitation. Also, you literally beat up several Enforcers with your magic," Mom deadpans.

"I was surprised that you're asking now. I want to go tomorrow," I replied.

"Aw..."

~~~End of Flashback~~~

In the end, I did end up seeing how Zaun looked.

I could see the city in ruins; many adults were sick or horrifyingly morphing.

It was really a tragic sight to see.

I vowed, just like my mother, to change Zaun for the better.

Once I started to pack up all my weapons, I decided to listen to my MP3 and roll with it.

It was random, yet 'Get Jinxed' by my mother came up, which is my favorite song. As I bobbed my head to the rhythm, I didn't notice Mom or Sevi coming.

It wasn't until I felt a hand and nearly punched Sevi that get out of my trance.

"Holy shit! Sorry Sevi," I apologized.

"No worries, kid. Nice aim, though," She replied, ruffling my head again.

"Hey! I said not the hair!" I pouted.

"Whatever."

"Anyways, ready for the battle?" Mom asked.

I happily nodded, and we shortly left to watch over the Shimmer cargo.

'Hopefully, things go well as planned,' I thought.

'Yet, it would be fun to kill some people, especially those stupid Fire wackos...'

~~~~ 

This is Harry/Moth/Jinx's look for the rest of the story.